New PS pressure line leak??!!

Back2Basics

Regular
Dec 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
I just put a very close to brand new pressure line in and its leaked since I got it in and its only gotten worse within the past few days. Its the driver side fitting that is leaking. I put a brand new copper washer from Toyota in and torqued it down to the specified 33 ft/lbs. I dont understand. Yesterday alone it leak 3/4 of a quart. Any ideas? Tighten it up a little? I already used a ps "sealer, leak stopper, reconditioner".

Back2Basics

Regular
Dec 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
Sooo....has anyone given you any ideas on what could be wrong? Have you tried anything. I just tightened the bolt down to 38 ft/lbs and cleaned up the area and we'll see if it still wants to leak.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but torque settings are for PERFECTLY CLEAN parts. Torque it more as there is probably a bit of corrosion on the threads giving you a false reading...

Those washers are a bit of a pain, just torque it more (WITHIN REASON PEOPLE, I don't want the next post to be "how do I get the bango bolt out after I snapped it?")

Back2Basics

Regular
Dec 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
I torqed it down a little more now and its not leaking from there anymore. BUT...now I think there might be a leak from where the intermediate shaft goes into the steering "rack". Is that possible?