New pics.....body work done!

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
My camera is not the greatest, but I snapped a few pics today. I have 2 front wheels on driver side, still waiting on my wider rears.

p842815_1.jpg

p842815_2.jpg

p842815_3.jpg

p842815_4.jpg

p842815_5.jpg

p842815_6.jpg

p842815_7.jpg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Lookin SWETT Ken!

I can't wait to see it with a little more rubber under the rear. Those wheels are 1000% better than what you used to have on your car. I hate that sig pic of your car because of the wheels. 4WD mode and narrow spokes just doesn't do it for me. Now I see why you would redo that whole car that was so nice before.

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
I am not trying to sound like a know-it-all, or a jackass, especially because I like what you have done with your car. However, as an A70 connoisseur, I do have some observations and opinions that may be of interest to you. You posted looking for comments and opinions, so I hope that I don't upset you with what I have to say.

Not being a hater but I think that within your car there is a conflict of interests. Looking at the pics, that front and rear are really eye-catching and aggressive, while the rest of the car looks subdued, classy, and clean. The chrome trim comes off as upscale, classy, and sophisticated. It looks like it could have been an LX (luxury) model of the A70, but if it were an upscale luxury model, why does the rest of the car look aggressive/racer? I love the black-out turns and tails, but again, blacked out cars are not meant to stand out. The blacked out turn signals and tails come off as subdued. Blackout is stealth. However a Maxx Evo front and Kaminari rear scream "look at me!" Finally, the almost overly simple black wheels (with no real lip) are very understated and inconspicuous. Which works if that's what you were going for, but the contrast against other parts of the car make me wonder if Volk Racing or Work Wheels suddenly went out of business and nobody told me.

The Classy/Clean and Extreme looks together make the car look as if it's having an identity crisis. I think it would behoove you to decide which direction you're going with your car.

If it's extreme, you need a different wing like a Regulus, Bomex whale tail, or something a bit more flamboyant, as well as some eye-catching, deep dish wheels to get a little more aggressive stance. IMO you can't have that front and rear end, with a stock wing... especially on a red car. Judging by what you've started with, I say tint all of the glass (as dark as the law will allow), grab some wheels with lip and some bling, slap on a whale tail, or even an ADR GTC wing and your car will look as aggressive as the front and rear you've already chosen.

Or, if classy is what you're after, I would go back to the stock front with a lip (or even a Gracer front), and Bomex rears.

All in all, clean work and if you're happy, I'm happy.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
LOL Jag, that is a deep analysis! I do have the 10" wheels with the lip coming, as I said in first post, don't think much else will change though....moldings possibly, if that. No, negative comments of that type don't bother me, I have thick skin.

When you hear it going down the rode, you know the identity....no crisis there. I'm just not hip on big fugly wings, though I do like the whale tail.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Looks good, but I think you should blackout the side markers to go with the rest of the lights and then they'd blend into the trim alot more.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Ken you know im a huge fan of all your hard work. The Red Rocket looks so great now. I cant wait to see it in person this next summer!!! I kinda have to agree with Loki on the markers but even if you leave them its still perfect.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Loki said:
Looks good, but I think you should blackout the side markers to go with the rest of the lights and then they'd blend into the trim alot more.
Da89Soup said:
Ken you know im a huge fan of all your hard work. The Red Rocket looks so great now. I cant wait to see it in person this next summer!!! I kinda have to agree with Loki on the markers but even if you leave them its still perfect.

That could happen.

Ian....been waiting on those wheels a few weeks to take pics, just couldn't hold out any more.