New parts = New thread :) lots of pics!

Red Dragon

Keep That on the Down Low
Jan 5, 2006
Austin, TX
Hey everyone, wanted to share some photos of the Dragon... the results of some serious time and effort on my part over the last few weeks. I put in my new wideband, new front clear turn signals, polished a fer parts myself and reinstalled a bunch of parts I had ceramic coated by JDub, new silicone hose from hightempsilicone, new shifter seat and pivot bushing, new ebrake boot, new bump stops for hatch, new shifter boot,fixed a couple of paint chips, and a bunch of other little things.

Stuff I had coated included: valve covers, coil pack brakcet, turbo elbow, isc/pcv pipes, 02 canister bracket, power steering reservior and bracket, and the brake line heat shield, to compliment my already coated hardpipes and heat shield. I had a shop weld in the WB bung to where it fits up in the trany tunnel about 36 inches away from the turbo. All in all I'm very happy with everything, and even more happy she started right up once I was done.

lemme know what ya think.

Last edited:

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
That's what I like to see...a mean, clean Mk III

:bling:

Glad you're happy with the work Jeff :icon_bigg

supra87t/t4

Phase Two
Apr 9, 2005
MPLS, MN
Sweet, that's pretty much what I hope my 92 (red/shadow gray cloth/sunroof) looks like when I get done with it, only wingless. I'll have to keep some pics of the dragon around for inspiration.

Glen

paddlenbike

Apr 6, 2005
Northern CA
You have done an amazing job with the engine bay! Is that a Reg Reimer adjustable fuel pressure regulator I see? My engine bay looks busy with all the stuff I added--I have one of Reg's AFPRs sitting at home that I am now tempted to install. I've heard they had issues though. (???)

Red Dragon

Keep That on the Down Low
Jan 5, 2006
Austin, TX
paddlenbike said:
Is that a Reg Reimer adjustable fuel pressure regulator I see?

Heh, it is indeed (stock toyota modified to be adjustable), and the car has Reg's upgraded fuel maps, so I dont have to run any piggyback fuel control for 1.1bar, which is nice... Although she runs too rich under full boost, so I'm going to have to go with some piggyback or perhaps the maftpro sometime. I don't have any issues with the FPR, seems to do what it needs to do.

Thanks for the comments everyone, I've put a lot of time into the car, and my wife is getting pissed. :1zhelp:

As for seeing the gauges, yes I have to take eyes off road, and no this isn't ideal. But being able to close the glovebox and have the car appear completely stock (EVC is behind an ash tray front piece, easily pulled off) save for a turbo timer and the montigny Vf (which is just 5 leds) it what its all about to me. I don't really like the look of a pillar gauge pods.

I really want to get a really nice set of wheels on the car (has ones from previous owner, not really my style, but I'm holding out for something really nice to come along) and then I'll feel 95% "done." with the last 5% being getting the car professionally tuned with something like MAFTpro.

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
NDBoost said:
what was the total cost for all that stuff to be coated?

PM me with what ya want coated and I'll give you a quote...the nice thing is you won't have to pay shipping since you're in Phoenix :biglaugh:

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
tonysupra said:
wow that's a fresh supra. nice job coating jdub.

Thanks! Red Dragon's ride looks really nice. I'm really liking his back seat removal...gonna have to hit him up for sme pics :naughty: