New MkIII Owner

EcNo

Feb 3, 2009
Tampa, Fl
Saying hi.

I recently purchased an 89 Supra NA-T

Initially I was looking for a cheap 240sx and came across this white supra..... and well lets say I fell in love after the test drive. Coming from a Honda only background owning 2 fully built crx's, and 1 stock 2004 si (which recently was wrecked by an old lady smashing into me at a stoplight) I decided to move on. Looking for something a little more tasty my thought was a turbo rwd car... the 240 fit the bill..... sadly the supra stole its glory. The car is far from perfect... It is even an automatic... Which is not really me but oh well. The body is dent free just needs some serious paint. The engine starts right up and drives smooth.

Keep in mind the car was only $1190. With that said I know work is ahead of me.

For now I am saving up for a rear set of Good Year Eagle GT's (I replaced the front tires already). Then moving on to get the engine/turbo inspected. A local turbo specialty shop quoted me $300 for the turbo seal/bearing replacement.

... anyways here are the pics and can't wait to get her looking pretty.(sorry cellphone)
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Wow! Nice car!!!

Looks like it was loved! :)

Updated front bar (to the 89+), coil packs moved from the top of the engine, and a whole host of other goodies! :)

Welcome to the site mate, I'm sure you will enjoy your stay :)

McGyvr

Oct 15, 2008
Independence Mo
www.myspace.com
I would be REAL worried about the price... Any knocking from deep down? Oil and water look clean? That's a damn sharp looking ride for that price! I gave 1200 for my 91 7M-GTE with a spun main and BHG... still think I got a hell of a deal though! lol

EcNo

Feb 3, 2009
Tampa, Fl
McGyvr;1238992 said:
I would be REAL worried about the price... Any knocking from deep down? Oil and water look clean? That's a damn sharp looking ride for that price! I gave 1200 for my 91 7M-GTE with a spun main and BHG... still think I got a hell of a deal though! lol

Well what you can't see from the low res pictures.

The paint is chipping almost all over.
Some rust spots around the targa top
The engine is burning oil which is what I will being trouble shooting tomorrow with my mechanic(no knocking or anything starts good runs smooth).
The Transmissions is automatic and bucks pretty hard when putting it into reverse.
And the Front end (tie rods/steering rack) most likely needs to be all replaced.
The brake calipers are digging into the Rotors

:biglaugh:

I love it :) :love:

Last edited:

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
well me comming from a 240 background... and going to the supra... i love it... supra look better, have more power, sound amazing, and are more comfortable...

plus you dont have everyone saying.... oh man that a JDM drifto car?

Ash

Greased-Up Deaf Guy
Dec 27, 2008
Grand Forks, BC
EcNo;1238972 said:
Initially I was looking for a cheap 240sx and came across this white supra..... and well lets say I fell in love after the test drive.
You know, that's funny. When I bought my white Supra it was the same deal. I was shopping for a cheap 240SX, and found the Supra at the last possible minute. I drove it first, drove one 240 and didn't want a 240 any more.

Welcome to the forum.