sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
hey all, i own a white n/a :[ mkiii supra. its been a big project the 3 months ive owned it, but i am still willing to stick it out till this car is finally street legal (california legal btw :[ ) and finally driving the way i like it.... i am willing to help others with any of the questions i am able to answer and i hope u all can help me... thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
welcome to SM... being NA is not that bad. really i promise it isnt lol. anyways we always welcome new owners who have things to share and are willing to learn (although im not sure there isnt much left that hasnt already be covered). there is a lot of information in the NA tech section that will be able to help you out http://www.supramania.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83 . and use the search function, it really helps out a lot.

once again welcome to SM, we have a great community here

EDIT: any pics would be great... if you can interior, exterior, engine bay

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Welcome to Supramania. I won't laugh at you for being NA.........but only because I'll get banned if I laugh at one more non turbo owner.................just kidding. Good luck with your project.

AutOtaku

Fanatic_
Sep 5, 2007
Hilliard
i got a white no nose too, auto lol. it's a daily driver at the moment and also for sale. ;D i might be trying tro get a turbo one after this one is sold, welcome to the forunms :D

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
i have a stick with a stage 2 or 3 i think i don't really know because i didn't put it in... it belonged to an asian guy and if did a couple mods... 2.5 inch exhaust cai and the clutch

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
hey i finally got pics of my mkiii... to bad im gonna be getting rid of it due to a rod knock... just dont have the money for it anymore

sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg

the rest are still in my cam at my girls house.. hope yall like it

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Car looks good. Giving up on her already because of a rod knock? Why don't you just store it for a while and come back to it when you're doing good financially?

What ever you decide to do, good luck. Hope this car goes to a great owner.

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
ok i just couldnt see myself getting rid of it once i really thought hard about it so i decided to keep it. then i gave it a good tune up with some lucas 20-50 and a k&n oil filter and for some odd reason either the knocking stopped or is just not as loud from the oil. what was so crazy was i only had about 2 qts of oil in my motor. i couldnt understand how i lost so much oil in just 3 weeks. then later i realized it was leaking when i found the lucas all over the ground. so i havent even drove it, just set it aside and tried not to even think about it cuz its been making my stomach hurt , fix 1 problem, find 2 more. o well so i decided to keep it and once i pay everything off ill be dropping in either a 7m or a 1j... it all depends on how much longer i can borrow my moms car

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
hey quick question.. i am aware that engine swaps are difficult, depending mostly on what you are swapping into what kinda car. but how difficult is it to swap a 1j into a 7mge based supra? i am also aware that 1j's were built for our mkiii's. and how much mechanical knowledge would someone need to do this swap?

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
All you need is SM! Tons of threads of how to do the swap step by step. But it is like a game, in order for you to have the information you must search for it and ask the right questions when you get stuck. We wont hold your hand ;)

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
ya i was aware of that, i started to research a 7mgte swap and then i just recently found out about the 1jz and 2jz but i havent really looked into a 1jz swap until now