New Member(TMSperformance), Clean 87 Megasquirted sports package

Oct 4, 2011
PA
Hello all! I wanted to give a introduction and tell a little about my car/build.

I recently acquired a 1987 sports package NA 4.30 LSD. It is super clean, I still haven't spotted a rust spot anywhere on the car. I got the car and in the back seat was a shoe box full of reciept's of every thing ever done to the car from the day it was purchased. The original owner was a 55 year old man that bought it new, I guess it was a mid life crissis thing lol. Everything that the owners manual said he did. So needless to say the water pump,timing belt,head gasket, clutch etc.... all new. The second owner was a 20 year old kid, Bought the car off the original owner for $6500 with 71,000 miles ,bought a nice set of wheels, tinted the windows, bought a carbon fiber wiper cowl. Drove the car for 2,000 miles and the rod started knocking. LOL go figure. Anyways, the kid knew nothing about cars, so i bought it off of him.

Now that you know how I got this gem I'll go into a little about myself. My name is Bud AKA "the mad scientist". I am the owner of TMSperformance. I have been building and tuning cars for about 15 years now. I have built well over 100 engine, performance and stock. I have a degree from ITT tech as a CEET ( computer/electronic engineer technician) I am also very well versed in engine dynamics as well as, fluid dynamics (Bernoulli's principle is great.) I have built everything from my own tuned intake manifolds, anti-reversion stepped headers, I have even built a individual carb setup for a h22 stroker honda that actually showed positive pressure. I love to extract every once of power from every engine I build. So on to my next challenge, the infamous 7MGTE.

I wanted to keep this somewhat of a budget build so a good friend of mine Josh from NSN garage hooked me up with a early 7MGTE block, just what I wanted. Piston squirters IMHO are a waste of much needed valuable oil pressure/volume. I then tore it apart and deburred the entire internal engine casting to relieve any stress risers. Then I coated the entire internal block with a ceramic based coating and baked it to help with oil shedding. The crank was polished and balanced. I polished the beams on the stock connecting rods, once again to relieve any stress risers. Installed arp rod bolts and rebalanced them. New toyota shimmed oil pump with SS oil lines. The block was bored 1mm to 84mm to help unshroud the valves. The Piston of choice 84mm NPR's. Also, I sourced a set of perfect circle rings. The head was checked and resurfaced. Custom velocity port job done by myself along with a new valve job, new valve seals, TMS head gasket and arp head studs. Next is a custom FFIM designed by me and JOSH @ NSN garage. Huge plenum short runners sporting a q45 throttle body. A ebay ching chong meoww turbo manifold for now holding up a Garrett gt4088 .81 a/r. The downpipe and exhaust is a transition type to keep the velocity up without hindering flow capabilities. It starts with a 3" downpipe into 3.5" with a anti-reversion chamber. Then 3.5" to about the front of the diff and then 4" out to the back. All of that blowing through a huge CXracing intercooler with 3" charge pipes.

I had the car running great on the Megasquirt 1 v3.0 I built for it. For now I am just running stock 440cc injectors until I upgrade my w58 to my r 154. I do have a r154 just need to make a driveshaft and get a clutch/flywheel.Until yesterday I ran into a really lean issue involving a fuel injector. I cleaned my injectors and tested them. 5 of them tested to a perfect 3.4 ohms @70* and the 6th at 8.8 ohms. Which means I need a new injector. I have a post on the WTB section if you want to help me out lol.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?156890-WTB-7mgte-440cc-injectors

Well there you go you now know about me, my car and my background with cars. Sorry about the long post. I will try to take some pics of my engine bay soon.

Picture 858.jpgPicture 861.jpgPicture 857.jpgPicture 859.jpgPicture 860.jpg

Last edited: