new member, oldtime supra enthusist

mxxmikexx

Aug 10, 2010
bloomingdale, illinois
Found this forum on the "other" supra forums and I have found some really great info on here along with some awesome mk3 builds.

As for myself, I bought my 88' mk3 turbo back in 96' when it had a Fcon,FCD,EVC,upgraded ct-26, spearco, 3" d-pipe and exhaust, custom 3300 stall converter and got the car in the low 12's on street tires at the track, which was a very respectable time back in 96' when turbo cars were just becoming popular and not very many people knew about supras. I sand bagged many a street race with unsuspecting "no replacement for displacement" advocates , lol.

since then, I have added JE forged pistons .020 over, ported polished head work, match ported intake ports, hks exhaust manifold, hks 50mm wastegate, rc engineering injectors, full arp engine bolts/studs

from 97'ish to 99' i was blowing head gaskets left and right and slowly lost interest in the car

the car has sat in storage from 2003 until july of 2010 only coming out once to get a paintjob and quickly going back into storage.

this past July I woke up one morning, drove to the DMV, bot new plates, brought it out of storage and my project started!
In the past 2 months i have converted it to a 5 speed r154, added a clutchmasters stage 4 clutch, walboro pump, custom hanger mods, an-6 line, big end fuel psi regulator, AEM wideband, SP racing quick spool valve, precision 62 mm turbo with turbonetics divided housing. My turbo is coming in next week so I can hopefully get this project wrapped up and enjoy the car for a little bit before winter hits Chicago! Over the winter If i feel like dumping any more money into it I am going with proefi and flex fuel option.

I've also been tying up loose ends such as ordering new custom floormats thanks to this forum!, new speedo cable to get my speedometer up and running, new oem toyota rear struts with eibach springs. I'm starting to wish I took more pics of this build, So ill have to start taking more as i put together the turbo setup in the next few weeks.

Well, thats my intro to this forum. I'll post up whatever pics I have when i get a chance. I atleast wanted to say hello to this new found forum!

mxxmikexx

Aug 10, 2010
bloomingdale, illinois
The only pic I have access to on this computer at the moment.
p1610640_1.jpg

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
That is one very clean car, and welcome to SM! It's awesome having old school Supra owners/enthusiasts on board.

I'll be keeping an eye out for this car next Spring/Summer, hopefully you make it out to some meets. I'll PM the names of a couple of local boards that you may or may not know about already :)