New Member - 87 Turbo Targa in Phoenix, AZ

87gt

Aug 1, 2010
Phoenix AZ
Hello everyone,

New member here - bought a low mileage (90k) 87 Supra Turbo - Targa, MT, and TEMS couple of years back with bad rod knock - as a project that I am finally getting around to... Silver/blue with the blue velour interior. Everything seems to be there and in good working order... In need of a serious cleaning after sitting up for several years (always garaged)... And the bumper covers have the notorious sun fade...

Looking to start the rebuild in the next few weeks. Planning to keep everything pretty stock for now - may mod it later - but seems a shame with a low mileage clean original...

Always loved the Supras - and particularly the looks of the MKIII.

When I was growing up, my best friends dad always had the newest generation Turbo Supra - been in love with them ever since.

This will be my first excursion into the land of turbos... Mainly have dealt with small block chevy muscle cars, etc. prior to this.

Also recently acquired a 2010 WRX - and like it very much...

Love the forums so far - lots and lots of info avail for a newbie...

Thanks,
Mike

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
Congrats on the new WRX, and here's to that MKIII project! This site's been a wealth of information for me ever since I got back in the Supra game late last year.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
What part of Phoenix are you in? I spent quite a bit of time there. SM is a great resource of information for sure, but if you're looking for other local Supra owners... *points at sig below*

;)