new machined part

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
i have a buddy that bought 2 of my 7m's. one for his 240z and the other for his triumph tr-6. any way, he is pretty descent at doing machine work and fabricating so he told me he had a surprise for me and this is what i got. i like it and he only made three since it wasn't his cnc machine.
p914587_1.jpg

p914587_2.jpg

i need to still get some allen head bolts for it.
p914587_3.jpg

p914587_4.jpg

p914587_5.jpg

p914587_6.jpg

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
noah89t;914587 said:
i have a buddy that bought 2 of my 7m's. one for his 240z and the other for his triumph tr-6. any way, he is pretty descent at doing machine work and fabricating so he told me he had a surprise for me and this is what i got. i like it and he only made three since it wasn't his cnc machine.
p914591_1.jpg

p914591_2.jpg

i need to still get some allen head bolts for it.
p914591_3.jpg

p914591_4.jpg

p914591_5.jpg

p914591_6.jpg

Sweeeeeeeeeet aluminum would look nice to...

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
All you guys are making me want to play in solidworks or project maker and come up with some of this stuff too. :rofl:

That looks really good. Imagine seeing that piece next to a TiAL bov the same color... pimp.

Hmm... looks like it weighs at least 5x the stocker. No thanks.
Wow.

blackout_89t

King of the roll
Apr 25, 2005
Toronto
mkIIIman089;915603 said:
Hmm... looks like it weighs at least 5x the stocker. No thanks.

What the hell are you talking about its made of aluminum.
Sure it IS heavier than the plastic piece but probably only by 1/4 of a lb.

Stop eating mcdonalds if you are THAT woried about weight.

Anyways, that peice looks really nice and the script makes it even better.
I need something just like that but not just a cover for the CPS, I have no use for my CPS (using a crank mounted sensor) so I would love to have a machined piece that looks nice and can plug the cps hole to eliminate it.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
LOL. I knew I would get a rise out of that. I wasn't expecting quite that much, though, interesting.

Duane - Yea, a chunk of aluminum with a little bit bored from the middle looks heavier than a molded plastic cover.

blackout - I would be willing to bet money I weigh less and am in better shape then most Americans... including yourself.

Regardless, its an exorbitantly expensive piece of engine "bling" and serves no real purpose other then adding another shiny thing for ignorant people to be impressed by.

Like I said earlier, no thanks.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Mine is from ARZ, and it is black. It also has a O ring seal that this one lacks. :)

The bling is there, but you only know it if you look close. (Or are the owner, and that's what counts in my case.) ;)

The curve on the face of the "hat" part is interesting, as is the 7M script.

ARZ's cover is very light weight. Not something that would be noticed in the slightest even on a race prepped MK3 chassis. There are SO many other things that could be done to make this car lighter that actually would make a difference.. the CPS cover is about 1,000,000 down on the list of "things to lighten.." LOL

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Yes, anyone who puts money and effort into making their car look better is ignorant and useless.