New JZ Solstice guy

pantherqs

Feb 13, 2011
Windsor
Howdy, name's Ben. Figured I'd do an intro. I'm from Windsor, ON Canada. Got an 07 Solstice GXP, doing a na-t swap and trying to mate it to the Aisin ar5 that came with the car. Just missing some odds and ends which I hope to pickup from here. Should be done by the end of the summer if everything goes right.

side2.jpg

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Not to be a pain, but WHY!?!? The ecotech is arguably one of the most durable 4 bangers I can think of, and loves boost. If I was going to engine swap a Solstice or Sky, I'd drop an LSx engine in.

pantherqs

Feb 13, 2011
Windsor
Been done lsx wise, and I'm super bored of the eco. Moreover, nothing transmission-back needs to be touched for this swap, which is one of the big things that make me want to do this. Untill it blows anyway. Shoehorning that thing in there is a bit of an issue, but it will get dealt with. Should be torn into her in a few weeks.

Couple more pics as requested...

e1.jpg

e2.jpg

5.jpg

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
funny I just stumbled upon this right now. Just came back from my buddies house where I was trying to convince him to swap a 1jz into his solstice, and was explaining how similar the transmission are in his solstice and my soarer (r154).

Sounds like a fun swap, keep us updated.