new injector issue?

tromspert

Oct 19, 2014
PA
hey guys I got a set of injectors on the cheap and uh some came in like this, still usable with the metal showing like that?rsz_img_20150202_163648.jpg

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Not sure how the term "new" applies here as that injector is pretty beat. Looks like the bottom cap is deformed (melted?). The caps are replaceable however. Even still, one should always clean and flow test used injectors. Even more so when they are received looking like that. Definitely don't use the pictured injector in its current state as it looks like the cap would royal f#ck the spray pattern.

Last edited:

tromspert

Oct 19, 2014
PA
MarkIII4Me;2037597 said:
Not sure how the term "new" applies here as that injector is pretty beat. Looks like the bottom cap is deformed (melted?). The caps are replaceable however. Even still, once should always clean and flow test used injectors. Even more so when they are received looking like that. Definitely don't use the pictured injector in its current state as it looks like the cap would royal f#ck the flow pattern.

some of them have cracks down the side, guy claims he ran them just fine but I don't buy that. Where could I get caps?
Can include pics if you guys want to see the rest. They were basically free but still i'm not sure if they're safe to run

tromspert

Oct 19, 2014
PA
supraguy@aol;2037613 said:
Those are 550's? out of what?

Not sure, that's what I was told they were. What do you think they are? I know they fit but that's about it.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
tromspert;2037617 said:
Not sure, that's what I was told they were. What do you think they are? I know they fit but that's about it.

No idea what they are, but they are a standard size case. Send them off to Fuel Injector Clinic, or Witchhunter for cleaning/ refurb.
They will make them nice, and flow test them for you. I used FIC in Florida for my 680's.

http://www.witchhunter.com/
http://fuelinjectorclinic.com/

tromspert

Oct 19, 2014
PA
thesupragod;2037651 said:
Then you should be able to order new caps from RC, they should be the same nozzle size if they fit the stock rail.

what about the ones with splits down the side what should be done about those?

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
^
Depends what you mean by "splits down the side". I was assuming you were talking about the plastic cap being split. If the metal injector housing is cracked then that bad boy is f#cked and in the garbage it goes. And if you don't have a complete matching set, internal condition unknown, and you got them for free, I wouldn't waste any more time and money on them and go a different route all together.