New in Home Defence

NastyNate

Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
rocksdasox said:
fstlane88 i love your avatar!!
Hell all you need is a .50cal desert eagle.., one fuking round out of that thing and the intruder would break their own legs shitting themselves, not to mention you barely have to aim the thing, one hit anywhere, and your insurance company will have to send in hazmat to clean up the carnage.. look up desert eagle on youtube you'll see what i am talking about.. .50 Barret, gheesh i was talking about home protection, not camping out on the water tower

Unfortunately that isn't a Barrett. there is only one Barrett .50 that isn't magazine and fed.

rocksdasox

May 1, 2007
Snohio
MDCmotorsports said:
Rockdasox how old are you? Seriously.

Why do i sound young? So no more joking around on the forums? These guys are putting up B.A.R.s and .50cal sniper rifles and i am the young one?

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
rocksdasox said:
that is my point, you don't exactly need to hit anyone to get the point accross, someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night, when that .50 lights up and blows everyone's ear drums....you could use a blank 1st to get the point across.. thats is why i started this thread about the "judge" .410 at 10 or less yards..nuff said

As I said, any gun fired in a small room is gonna blow your ears, you dont need a .50 for that effect. If your gun has a blank loaded and the intruder has a gun, do you really want that blank in yours?

You cant beat a shotgun for home defense. If your still all about having the sound to get the point across, a 12ga in a room will do that.

Why would you want a gun you have to line the sights up to hit someone and if you miss it will go through walls. With a shotgun, point at the person and youll hit them, whatever misses gets stuck in the walls. 12ga buckshot at 10 yards will save your life.

rocksdasox

May 1, 2007
Snohio
Here the thing you bet your ass if i pull it i will use it, and i go to the range often to make sure i don't miss. You have to kill them in your house else the sue.. thats my point with the blank, the scare tactic. Maybe we don't live in the same area where the intruders are the same, i do live in the country and maybe naive, but i would rather pop off a blank instead of finding out i shot my kid....

rocksdasox

May 1, 2007
Snohio
i totally agree with the gauge for home defense 100%, the DE comment was out of being funny. another reason the judge is a good choice is if the wife has to use it, if you are not around..

NastyNate

Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
If ya kill the dumb bastard they can't tell their side of the story. It's your word against the dead guys.... And that's straight from my father in law who was a police chief many years.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
rocksdasox said:
i totally agree with the gauge for home defense 100%, the DE comment was out of being funny. another reason the judge is a good choice is if the wife has to use it, if you are not around..

I still dont see it as a home defense gun, no point of having it over a shotgun. Whats the benefit of the judge over a shotgun? If its because it fits in a safe then your nuts. Youd expect a scared woman alone in a dark house with an intruder to unlock a safe quickly, then aim that cannon effectively without killing the kids in the next room?

Get a shotgun, put a trigger lock on it, simple key and its ready to fire. If the safe has to be used, lock up the ammo.

rocksdasox

May 1, 2007
Snohio
iwannadie said:
I still dont see it as a home defense gun, no point of having it over a shotgun. Whats the benefit of the judge over a shotgun? If its because it fits in a safe then your nuts. Youd expect a scared woman alone in a dark house with an intruder to unlock a safe quickly, then aim that cannon effectively without killing the kids in the next room?

Get a shotgun, put a trigger lock on it, simple key and its ready to fire. If the safe has to be used, lock up the ammo.

Ok this is out of hand..lol
DE= not good for home protection - it was a joke, like the sniper rifle and the machine gun...
Judge= first off i would never put it in a case/box/whatever bad fucking idea. I wouldn't even put a trigger lock on it. Education for everyone in the house to use and respec guns is the key, my wife is a better shot than me(stead hands) she has her own Sig. now i don't she could fire a shotgun, maybe but she is a little small for that..

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
rocksdasox said:
Ok this is out of hand..lol
DE= not good for home protection - it was a joke, like the sniper rifle and the machine gun...
Judge= first off i would never put it in a case/box/whatever bad fucking idea. I wouldn't even put a trigger lock on it. Education for everyone in the house to use and respec guns is the key, my wife is a better shot than me(stead hands) she has her own Sig. now i don't she could fire a shotgun, maybe but she is a little small for that..

Its hard to read sarcasm, especially when you said you were serious about chambering a blank in your home defense weapon....

So your still saying youd choose the Judge over a shotgun for home defense?

Id think a shotgun with the stock against your shoulder taken the brunt of the force is better for a small person. The kick of a .410 pistol would be killer on small hands/arms.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
ValgeKotkas said:
So, and can YOU live with what you did then?

If a criminal, breaks into my house with little to no regard for me or my family, I would have no problem making sure my wife and children are left unharmed and that I will be there with them. Easy question.

Now here's a tough one: Could YOU live with letting somebody hurt or kill any member of your family?

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Everybody's bashing on use of a safe, so here's my take on it. My CCDW instructor was very clear on the importance of:

1. NOT having your weapon under your pillow or even on the nightstand. Why? Because it takes a few seconds of activity to clear your mind enough to make life/death decisions in the middle of the night, so you should need to walk to your weapon. The other reason is that if somebody is already in your room when you wake up it's too late. Period.

2. NOT having your weapon in a state that has to be fumbled with, which would include trigger locks and locked safes. You would have no ability to make the gun useful half asleep and in the dark.

But I said I keep mine in a safe didn't I? You bet. Unlocked most of the time because everybody in the house is 100% clear on who may and may not touch it, as well as what can happen if you're on the wrong side of it. 1 gallon water jug with a Hydrashok hollow point is a very effective demonstration and one that is not quickly forgotten. Now, if there is the slightest chance that any other children, young or old, may end up in the house it gets locked until that evening. I have a hard time understanding the problem here.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
ValgeKotkas said:
^Are we talking here about killing the criminal or preventing him from harming your family. There is a big difference.

I don't think a criminal breaking into my house is going to give me an opportunity for an interview so we can review his rap sheet and make a determination of his intent. If somebody is willing to commit a serious felony with complete disregard for the law and break into my house, I am more than justified in assuming he is uninterested in rape, murder, and other violent laws. Kentucky state law is in agreement with this position as evidenced by the inclusion of "Castle Doctrine". Word to would-be criminals is to stay out of people's homes if you want to live.

Now, back to my question. Could you live with yourself if you allowed a blatant criminal with no regard for you, your property, or your loved ones, to harm a family member?

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
You didn't understand what I ment I guess.... Rephrase: Two ways to prevent him from harming your family : Kill, ''disarm''. Right?
Why kill, if you can disarm hirm?

No, I couldn't live with myself if my family was harmed.
I also probably wouldn't forget my bloody floor and wall, and a man/woman lieing with a hole in his/her chest, or even worse in forehead.

Actually, I am not against using weapons as self defence, but I just wanted to chime in, when people said, shoot to kill, shoot to kill...