new headers

gamer565

Mar 8, 2008
KS
im doing a engine swap and im putting in a 7mgte, but im looking for aftermarket headers, and i found these.

my question is, wat about the turn down on the back of the turbo, do i need to block it off, or connect it with the rest of the exhaust?

REGHDTS8692TM.jpg

REGHDTS8692TM2.jpg

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
those can't be used with the stock CT...

The stock manifold outflows the turbo, so unless you're upgrading to a T04 turbo...

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
What do you mean buy "the turn down on the back of the turbo" if you are refering to what I think your refering to that would be the turbo elbow.

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
i think your talking about the wastegate dump pipe.
this mani will not fit a ct26. << it could but not worth the hassle:naughty:

werewolves182

is without a supra :(
Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
...thats not a friggin header. Its a T4 turbo manifold. Headers are for NA's.

Holdbrooks: If your doing a 7M-GTE swap, unless you are using an aftermarket turbo, there is absolutely no reason to change your manifold. You need a downpipe to connect your turbo to the rest of your exhaust. Id suggest a BIC (becauseican), hes a member on here, downpipe. Look in the vendors section.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
werewolves182;975009 said:

Musclecarclub.com said:
The exhaust manifold, usually constructed of cast iron, is a pipe that conducts the exhaust gases from the combustion chambers to the exhaust pipe. It has smooth curves in it for improving the flow of exhaust. A header is a different type of manifold; it is made of separate equal-length tubes.

super supra dave

Oct 12, 2007
manassas va
gamer565;974639 said:
im doing a engine swap and im putting in a 7mgte, but im looking for aftermarket headers, and i found these.

my question is, wat about the turn down on the back of the turbo, do i need to block it off, or connect it with the rest of the exhaust?

REGHDTS8692TM.jpg

REGHDTS8692TM2.jpg

i mocked every thing up with a turbo header from ebay on my build block and it looks like the down pipe/elbow will have to go between the hot side and the head. that will make for more custom work and a lot more money. i havent done this yet, but will be doing it soon, cut the flange of and turn it so the hot side will be facing to the fire wall and the compressor will face to the front like stock set up. and you can use the stock CT26 but you will have to drill holes, not that good of a plane but will work. ill post on the turbo header when i drop it in.

holdbrooks

Aug 24, 2006
Alaslama
werewolves182;975009 said:

Holdbrooks: If your doing a 7M-GTE swap, unless you are using an aftermarket turbo, there is absolutely no reason to change your manifold. You need a downpipe to connect your turbo to the rest of your exhaust. Id suggest a BIC (becauseican), hes a member on here, downpipe. Look in the vendors section.

lol I was answering his question about where to find a manifod like that one, I am not that much of a newb

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
thesaurus thread. I have one of those in my storage building, probably the same exact one... never used it, the previous owner had bought the ebay header(t4 flange) with a ebay t70(t3 flange)... abandoned the build and I picked up a bunch of parts. Looked like a decent product from what I could tell, couldnt tell you about fitment.

chopping the t4 flange for the td06 wouldnt be a bad idea.... hmmm.... weld up the flapper and run external waste gate... This board makes me broke and carless, thanks guys :)