New guy

JD7Monster

Jul 6, 2005
Orlando, FL
Hey everyone, new guy here.. from Orlando, FL..
Got my first supra a few months ago, had a DSM before.

its a 88-T Targa.. picked it up for 800$ from a kid who wanted to build a mustang and needed the money. When I bought it it already had a JDM 7mgte with under 80k swapped in MHG with arp hardware, 4puck 3000lb (or 3200lb) clutch, turboXS bov, sogi short shift mod, boost gauge/triple pillar pod.. i guess thats about it..

The body has almost 170k on it, which is the bad part.. So far i'm going through fixing all its lil problems.. It needs brakes, suspension, power steering, i could go on.. lol
When i first got it the carrier bearing was messed up, it was missing a tranny mount, and both motor mounts were shot.. so i went ahead an fixed those first. I replaced the stock 2peice DS with a 1peice Aluminum DS.

I guess its a pretty good start..couldnt beat it for 800$, its a whole diff. beast compared to my talon :biglaugh: anyways.. tell me what ya think

Heres a pic..

814170_2_full.jpg

814170_3_full.jpg

The motors a bit dirty..
814170_9_full.jpg

The interior, (with no radio, was taken a while ago)
814170_8_full.jpg

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
It sounds like you were given a good thing to start with, AND like you are fixing the right things first. Most people are more worried about going fast right away. Welcome to the forum - I hope you enjoy your stay. I hope you have a great time with your new car. Be prepared - you are going to dump "too much" money into that car - and you will love it!

JD7Monster

Jul 6, 2005
Orlando, FL
lol, I already experienced that with my DSM.. bought it for 1000$, put 3000$ into it, and sold it for 800$

This car defenitly seems worth it though.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
welcome, ur going to get addicted to this car. its like crack, better yet its like herion(sp?). GL with the repairs. if you got any Qs ask away, everyone here will give you damn good answers.

DrakeMK3

"The Duck"
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Welcome to the community! Supra's are just like DSM's in that you HAVE to possess the ability of doing your own work. Seeing as how you came from the DSM crowd, I KNOW you have a knowledge of cars.

JD7Monster

Jul 6, 2005
Orlando, FL
Yeah, i've always tried to do as much work myself.. but i've always been limited by workspace/lack of tools.
I didnt do the motor mounts myself, but i did the driveshaft (woopee.. hard job lol), and will probly do the brakes within the next few weeks..

I'll probly be popping in with some questions reguards to repairing this and that.. how go get this unstuck and what not.. lol i'll be doing the power steering pump, alternator after the brakes

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
And that car has NO rust on it too I bet! A perfect chassis.
Wow, what a steal indeed.
I used to live in Orlando, Florida for about two months...then when I discovered Ft Lauderdale -- I left immediately afterwards. heh
I also noticed that cars are cheaper there than here in NY State, and without rust.
Some of the parts I got for my car were from a salvage yard in/near Orlando, and parts are also much cheaper there than here in the NY State junkyards.

Btw, the [pic of the] MKIII in my sig is also from Florida (Ft Lauderdale FL);)

Last edited:

JD7Monster

Jul 6, 2005
Orlando, FL
sim - their off a lincoln town car, the early 90's model... i'm sure you could find some for dirt cheap...

The car has a bit of rust.. but nothing outside, its all in the hatch.. under the spare tire, and around that area from the hatch leaking..
Your lucky tony, i've only been able to find 3 MK3's in junkyards, two of which were chopped in half.. im guessing for front clips

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
JD7Monster said:
lol, yeah.. nobody likes them..but i think they look pretty good on the car, and they were free.. cant beat free

eh they close to nice.... the REAL style mesh is where its at... heres some of some old school AREs i had on the car before... if the were wider i never would have gotten rid of them..but the whole no traction until mid 4th was kinda annoying ;)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg