New guy here

Chrisco

Build in Progress
Jan 4, 2009
Downers Grove, IL
New here, but not so new to the community.

My family owned 5 Celica Supras in a span of about 3 years back about 9 years ago. Made a terrible mistake of letting go of a super clean Black P type that we picked up for 500 bucks. Had less than 60k miles on it and was absolutely beautiful, just needed a new HG. Fixed it, drove it for a little bit, sold it to a friend down the street. They drove it to Canada and back and we missed the car so we bought it back, only to sell it again about a year later. I kick myself every day for letting that car go.

I went on to purchase an '87 Turbo a couple years later, did a lot of work on that car and eventually sold it because I didn't want to continue daily driving it but couldn't afford another car.

Few years on down the road I now have my 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4. I'm still very interested in Supras of all years and would some day like to find myself another P type, but for now I'm going to have to live without.

I do still happen to have a rather large amount of assorted MK2 parts in my dad's garage, including a complete 5M with auto trans that was pulled from a running car that was scrapped. The engine only has ~70k miles on it and didn't have any problems when it was removed. It has since sat covered in our garage for nearly 10 years but still has all accessories and even the Intake tubing and AFM.

Part of my reason for registering was to try to offload some of these parts, another is so that I can watch over the site in hopes of some day finding a future car and learning more along the way.

Anyway, sorry for the novel. Oh, and my name is Chris! :wave:

Oh, and I'm not sure what his name is on the board, but I'm good friends with Kevin who drives a Muspra (84 Mustang with a 7M and R154) so he was my reference!

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Some kind of novel this is hhaha j/k. Good luck on finding another MKIII, they aren't so easy to find nowadays, a mint one that is.

Welcome to the forums.

Ash

Greased-Up Deaf Guy
Dec 27, 2008
Grand Forks, BC
Chrisco;1217613 said:
Oh, and I'm not sure what his name is on the board, but I'm good friends with Kevin who drives a Muspra (84 Mustang with a 7M and R154) so he was my reference!
A Fox with a 7M? Wow. I've always been a Jap guy but I've owned a couple of Mustangs over the years. I always knew those cars were missing something, but I never would have seen that coming. Then again, something seems fitting about dropping a Japanese motor into a domestic... Almost seems ironic when most of the American auto makers are asking for bailouts.

From one new guy to another, welcome to the forums. It's been a pretty cool place so far and there's a whole tonne of stuff here to keep a guy happy and busy. The next time you see your friend tell him I said "thanks". My first car was a 1980 Mustang and that thing was a HEAP! Good on him for making the first gen Fox a real car!