New guy from MD.

Boosted MK3

Jul 6, 2013
Forest Hill, MD
Hey guys, been on the site a few months now but never made an intro so I figured I'd finally get around to it. My name is Aubrey, my current addiction is my '91 MK3 Turbo. Bought the car a little over a year ago as a Red, bone stock, auto but, it did have a sunroof! Only had 104,000 miles when I bought it and the engine had been rebuilt about 500 miles prior to my purchase. But the first night I had it also started the first project (blew power steering rack after I got home). Fixed that, then decided to sand it down and get some decent looking paint on there. After the paint I got rid of the POS auto in favor of a 5 speed. Still haven't done a whole lot to the motor other than put miles on it current mods are Apexi CAI, 57 trim CT26, 3" Catless exhaust from DM, CX racing 2.5" Hardpipe kit, and a MBC hits fuel cut for days...

Next mods planned are a nice big FMIC (sitting in garage just waiting to go on), DDP, Aluminum Rad, Maft Pro, and 550cc Injectors. Oh and I may be rebuilding a 350 SBC that I plan to supercharge and shove into a pre 89 targa car, but that's a future endeavor, have to finish the motor first!

Supra 3.jpgSupra 4.jpgSupra 8.jpgSupra 9.jpgsupra11.jpg10424007783_db7cbfb1e5_c.jpg10423865846_a7afa0641a_c.jpg

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Boosted MK3;1971126 said:
Cool, will I still need some sort of piggyback system to tune it if I go that route? And thanks.

Nope, I'm running a walbro 400 with lex afm and 560cc injectors from a evo. You just have to play with the AFPR and the lex air bypass screw to keep the vF signal happy. The reason the lex afm/550 goes so well together is because they are 25% bigger than the stock component, most say a SAFC is needed but it isn't.

Just make sure you already have a fuel system that is up to the task of handling the extra load. Things that would do this is the AFPR kit from driftmotion along with a walbro 255. The stock system might be able of doing it with a AFPR on the stock fuel pump but I wouldn't trust it. If you're WOT and it goes lean in the higher RPMs, you'll wish you'd bought a new and bigger fuel pump.