New guy from fort bragg

Black Cat

Sep 11, 2009
Fort Bragg NC
Hello
My name in jon, and im new too Supra mania and Supras in general.
I'm still in afghanistan for a few more months, but i will be buying an
89 supra turbo.
List of Mods done to the car.
motor rebuilt @ 200k miles

HKS metal headgasket( bead type)
ARP headstuds
ARP main studs
Eagle rods
Clevit main bearings
Moroso deep sump oil pan
5mge oil pump
NA cams(exhaust and intake)
Greddy timing belt
Ferrera Titanium valves
Shimmed wastegate
T04E turbo
Custom 3 1/2inch downpipe
HKS 4inch super dragger exhaust
Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
Speaco upgraded intercooler
Hks SSQ2 blowoff valve
Turbo hardpipe kit
Lexus is300 MAF sensor

Transmission built @ 200k

TRD close ratio gears
Exedy twin-plate clutch
Steel bradied clutch lines

Thats all i know of being done to the supra.
I will up date with pics after i get off work.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Strange parts list. N/A cams? IS300 MAF? 5MGE Oil pump? Some of those just don't sound quite right if it's a 7mgte. Someone please chime in if I seem under-educated. What are your power goals? Who is building it?

And btw, Welcome to SM from a Supra in Virginia!

Black Cat

Sep 11, 2009
Fort Bragg NC
Nghty89;1410127 said:
Strange parts list. N/A cams? IS300 MAF? 5MGE Oil pump? Some of those just don't sound quite right if it's a 7mgte. Someone please chime in if I seem under-educated. What are your power goals? Who is building it?

Well as far as the parts list you can ask another new member evilMA70,
He used to own the supra in question.
I don't really have power goals in mind i want to get the car first and see what it has power wise, and the cars already built.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Ok, I was just curious since I know the N/A cams are actually not needed for over 400hp. They do great beneath that, but after that point, the turbo cams are best. Good luck with the vehicle! Check out our Meet we're trying to put together for Virginia and local areas around May 15th in the regional section!

tekimp

Airborne
Aug 8, 2007
Fort Bragg, NC
where in ft. bragg are all the supra guys at? just got supra #2 here. more than likely if your driving around post or off post late at nite you may see me with the grey supra mk III. looking for others in town.

is there a supra club in town or what?

what tuner shop should i go to?

someone anyone, pass me a life-line.

well, my name is steven, everyone calls me Ace.

dude in afgan, you will love the supra! please come back soon, i leave in a few months for my own trip to the sandbox.

hopefully find some people to drive around with.

cheers,
ace

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
suprastanger507mgte;1410324 said:
welcome. Fort Bragg...been wanting to take a trip down there. I heard the scenaries are pretty nice around the ocean.

Ha, ha! Wrong Ft. Bragg numb-nuts:sarcasm: (JK!):icon_razz Welcome. Godspeed to your safe return from Ass-crackistan (lol) I think my son's Brigade Task Force from the 101st will be relieving you guy's, it will be his second deployment.
Thanks for your service.::salute::

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Another soldier here. I'm over in germany right now. Trying to find a way to ship my 89 GT Limited that I got from Japan home. If I can't then I might just say to hell with it and tear it all down to nuts and bolts and bring everything but the shell and frame back. Then build up another RHD one. Might have to actually wait the 25 years like customs says and then ship it home. only another 4 years to wait for that...... I HATE DOT AND CUSTOMS!!!

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
tekimp;1416300 said:
where in ft. bragg are all the supra guys at? just got supra #2 here. more than likely if your driving around post or off post late at nite you may see me with the grey supra mk III. looking for others in town.

is there a supra club in town or what?

what tuner shop should i go to?

someone anyone, pass me a life-line.

well, my name is steven, everyone calls me Ace.

dude in afgan, you will love the supra! please come back soon, i leave in a few months for my own trip to the sandbox.

hopefully find some people to drive around with.

cheers,
ace

Theirs plenty ppl around if ur willing to drive.