New from Southern Maryland

supraficial

Mar 20, 2013
Southern MD
I just bought myself an 86.5 supra with a 7mgte swap from ge, on a w58 5-speed. Let me know of anyone is local and needs any parts or help or anything! Maybe even some local meets, id love to see how you guys went about your builds

supraficial

Mar 20, 2013
Southern MD
Well as the car sits, I bought it for $500 bucks and it wouldn't run, so I kept piecing together all the necessary parts for it that it was missing, and still nothing. Was going to do a basic rebuild of rings, bearings, gaskets and seals. Started to tear her apart and realized the motor was definitely seized at one point, and broken loose by someone who shouldnt have even been near the poor thing in the first place. Rings had taken a pretty decent scoring out of the walls. I now need machine work out the ass. So it isn't worth taking out a bank loan at 19 to finish it, so I'm gonna part it out and try to make it out without too much damage to my bank account. Should've listened to the experts when pricing, to at least triple that amount. So, either swap in a different engine or part it out on the forum when I get enough posts to be in the for sale section :(

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
what color is the interior? As long as the interior is good and the exterior has minimal rust, I don't see a problem at all with making your money back and then some. I have made well over a grand parting one out. But....at that time I had friends close by that needed parts REALLY BAD. What trans is in it? R154? If so, and if it is in good shape, that could get you close to 500 alone right there. If you want a good learning experience then save the cash and rebuild the car. Toss that thing in a storage unit for a year and save. I bought one with a blown motor, and rebuilt it over a year. Now I am on my 6th Supra lol.

supraficial

Mar 20, 2013
Southern MD
I mean the interior is almost completely shit the dude was going for race interior look. The body I was just going to give to "we but any cars" but the thing was completely full to the brim with parts. Ge, gte and 5m parts just loaded in. Like three intake manifolds, NA valve covers, igniters, coil packs, electric radiator fans, I mean I took an inventory of everything and it had over two pages of parts just sitting in the car and engine bay, and that was off the top of my head.