New fella

mikes7ke

Dec 26, 2008
Hilltown, PA
Please bear with me on this one, I don't like talking about myself.

My name is Mike, and I bought a white 89' supra with sport roof, turbo, and manual trans. The previous owner had a tanabe hyper something or another 3" cat back exhaust, one piece driveshaft, and claimed to replace nearly everything mechanical on the car.

It needs a bit of work, mostly visual. But unfortunately I'm stupid and restoring a rx-7, so the supra will have to wait a while.

On a side note, I'd like to make a point of how amazing I think this forum's rules are. I was actually a little excited to sign up after reading them.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Welcome to Supramania Mike and thank you for forming complete sentences and using proper punctuation. I'm sure you'll be more of an asset than a hinderance. The exhaust mentioned is probably the Tanabe Hyper Medalion.

attachment.php

mikes7ke

Dec 26, 2008
Hilltown, PA
suprahero;1214861 said:
Welcome to Supramania Mike and thank you for forming complete sentences and using proper punctuation. I'm sure you'll be more of an asset than a hinderance. The exhaust mentioned is probably the Tanabe Hyper Medalion.

What do you mean? Short hand was soooo much fun in middle school.:sarcasm:

Unfortunately the supra is in winter storage, and an entire ten minutes out of the way. And if it's not bad enough that I can only take cell phone pictures, my hands constantly tremble.

I forgot to mention the previous owner also sold the car with ARP wheels. I'm not sure the model. They're silver and 5-spoke, that's the best I can describe them.

Also I forgot to mention I found out about this forum last year from someone named James. We were talking at Raceway Park, at the East Coast Bash (thanks again for pointing out that I was accidentally parking in the participating driver's area, oops) James, if you read this, I think your supra is sweet. ^^

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
mikes7ke;1214880 said:
What do you mean? Short hand was soooo much fun in middle school.:sarcasm:

Unfortunately the supra is in winter storage, and an entire ten minutes out of the way. And if it's not bad enough that I can only take cell phone pictures

10 minutes out of your way? LOL Stop being lazy and get some pics. :biglaugh:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
suprahero;1214861 said:

attachment.php

Jay, how on earth did you get both IJ from Australia and Duane from Canada to both come in for the photo???????? Is that ken from Texas there in the middle as well.

Mike...Welcome to the site. Do you think James has a real photo of your car as evidence of you not paying attention? Now that you aren't driving the Supra, it is a perfect time to be doing some of the needed maintenance, so it will be ready to bring out once the weather permits. I'm not picky, pics of the RX-7 will do , as long as it is an FD.

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Get working on that Supra and forget that rx7. Make that 7M into a beast!

And since everyone's asking, I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and say....get some pics!

mikes7ke

Dec 26, 2008
Hilltown, PA
Supra28;1216152 said:
Get working on that Supra and forget that rx7. Make that 7M into a beast!

And since everyone's asking, I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and say....get some pics!

It's already more than enough of a beast for my inexperience. ^^

ForcedTorque;1214915 said:
Jay, how on earth did you get both IJ from Australia and Duane from Canada to both come in for the photo???????? Is that ken from Texas there in the middle as well.

Mike...Welcome to the site. Do you think James has a real photo of your car as evidence of you not paying attention? Now that you aren't driving the Supra, it is a perfect time to be doing some of the needed maintenance, so it will be ready to bring out once the weather permits. I'm not picky, pics of the RX-7 will do , as long as it is an FD.

Well I didn't notice him with a camera, but I was also not too observant that day, obviously. oops

The supra has to wait until the rx-7 is where I want it. And it's a fc vert. It's in sad shape right now, not really worth seeing (3 huge tears in the top, was sideswiped twice). If you really want, I'll take a few shots with the cell phone when I go to see it next week - it's at a local shop, getting ready for the turboII engine swap.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. I'll be looking forward to lurking these forums every chance I get. :icon_bigg