New ECU in 2jz swap still need 7m wiring harness?

Kindred94

Jun 3, 2012
fremont, Oh
Not too swift when it comes to electrical here. Im starting my first build on a 89 7m-GE, just pulled the valve cover today and now I know the engine will have to be broke down and cleaned inside and out. I have been really wanting to put a 2jz in it so instead of working on a engine I dont plan on having in the car for long anyways im leaning towards the path of doing the swap now. I know with the swap you have to mate the 7m and 2jz wire harness so my question is if you get the ecu for a 2jz or a aftermarket standalone do you still have to mate the 2jz harness to the 7m harness or will the 2jz harness work by itself? I searched the internet and through the threads but havent been able to find anything.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
It's basically a 2jz harness that you use. You transfer over the main Ecu power and wires for and a d pps if you have. Also you just rewire the body plus so it all plugs in work.

Very little of the 7m harness actually gets used.

You can pm Drtweak or go to pheonixtuning.com and call him. He does good work but is expensive.

Also if you used a pnp aem you would need te 2j harness. If you use a mega squirt 3 system you could make your own harness. But if you don't fancy electrical then that's prolly not for you.

Kindred94

Jun 3, 2012
fremont, Oh
Alright so even if you use a ecu that would come with the 2jz swap you would still have to mate the 7m and 2jz harness together. Thanks! ill have to pm drtweak when the time comes to see if he will help me out.