new dyno number 74hps turbo!!!

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
well i need to close up the ring gaps a bit but made the first pull at 23psi and car made 647rwhp! second pull at 27psi and 685rwhp and 560tq. Wayy to rich at 10.0 af's and low timing as i had too much blow by and had to stop the tune. I feel the car is on it's way to low 800's with more boost. It's a monster on the street as the af's clean up with better load. No problem spinning tires at 100mph. Will post up a vid later

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
yeah i got a graph will post it up later along with a vid. Yes it's crazy you need 2 hands lol:biglaugh:

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
Nice numbers for sure! Get it re-ringed and go bust some balls.

I find it interesting that your torque number is so much lower than your horsepower. A customer of mine just put down 801hp and 760tq on a billet 67 on a stock block 2jz with 264 cams. Some of the more jaded 7M enthusiasts seem to think that the 7M is so torquey, but all of the high-hp 7M's I've seen aren't really making a ton of torque. I'd love to see you step up to one of the new precision billet wheel turbos, I guarantee you'd see more power and a ton more area under the curve. I imagine the torque number would jump significantly, too.

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
thanks for the intrest guys the specs are as follows

1000cc's and twin pumps
74hps precision turbo with .81ar
mild cams
port and polish by me
ets 3row core (rated at 1000rwhp)
3.5" custom exhaust by me
fully built motor by me
stinger ems

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
also this issue is ongoing as i had a similar problem with my .20 over set.
This only happens at high boost over say 26psi after you let off the throttle. The ring packs are thin on forged pistons and most are actually the same ring in a diffrent size so i feel my gaps may be excessive. Or maybe i get lucky and add another bov to minimize ring flutter between shifts.

MKIII TURBO60-1

Dec 29, 2008
Ocala,Fl
what are your rings gapped at, i was talking to my friend last night and they run the second ring with more gap to eliminate ring flutter, ring flutter will kill the life of your pistons

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
MKIII TURBO60-1;1503490 said:
what are your rings gapped at, i was talking to my friend last night and they run the second ring with more gap to eliminate ring flutter, ring flutter will kill the life of your pistons

top22
second 28
.040 piston

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
hottscennessey;1503613 said:
Nice power quake!

What clutch are you running?

thanks running the act xtreem 6 puck thought it would slip but so far no slipping that i know of. When it does the spec twin goes in

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
think i got the problem resolved as my catch can did not have any baffles in it. I knew this but never got around to putting steel wool in it. I just put some in and now only vapor makes it out. I did however take the time to open up the stock valve cover tubes to accept 1/2" pipe thread. So now i will go back and pull out some fuel to see the real numbers.