New DriftMotion Exhaust

closetnerd

35% Biotic
Feb 15, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
YoungGunSupra;1564958 said:
so you're saying number 1. with the silencer im not going to lose any power. and number 2 with this straight through exhaust if i were to get it..if i didnt use the silencer would it still be REALLY loud? or would it be under the legal limit..this is all in theory btw..im assuming you havent heard the sound of this exhaust yet

I'm glad we don't enforce exhaust laws in Alabama.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Nope I am saying your are going to gain HP & TQ with this exhaust turbo application for sure!
& Turbo engines are usuallly quiter on a streight through exhaust then N/A engine.
3" stainless is ideal for our cars ~5-700hp.

As far as noise you have to messure that with a db meter to be legal ,or if you have a HTC Motorolla Samsung google android phone you can download an app to measure it.

What I was hinting at before though is if you have a NA car you can tune the low/high end HP/TQ by adjusting size length crossovers plenums of intakes and exhaust.

Like putting a CAI on a turbo isnt going to help a turbo out as much because you have an intercooler and a turbo wants access to its air more then cares if its cold.

YoungGunSupra

Sep 10, 2009
Walnut, California
haha yea i get that, but what im saying is if i use the silencer on it it wont really affect it right? and yea i upgraded a 57 trim ct26..ever since that i have SICKK ass turbo lag..so i really need to get the three inch exhaust and open it up

T-MA71

Always broken down member
Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
Hmm still would like to hear some sound clips also. Either way Im going to pick this exhaust up when I'm done my longblock. Either this month or in June but I will get it also. Have other priorities for the supra haha

T-MA71

Always broken down member
Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
If it's the same as CX racing which i believe it is, the tip is 4.5" So tempting to order right now....... :) but i know i dont need it yet haha

Emilian

Sep 1, 2010
Farmington Hills, MI
I'm waiting for a sound/video clip. If the exhaust system sounds good, I'm buying the downpipe and cat-back exhaust.

Someone please post up a sound/video clip!

HEDORAH

awwww fuck
Oct 3, 2010
Fort Lewis, WA
I have that exhaust, put it on a week ago. Very deep sound. Mine lopes at idle because of my cams (284 degrees). I had stock exhaust before and it sounded like a mariachi band or something...

Fit is great and slips right on with no problem, but a bit long. I'm considering cutting off a few inches.

p1626978_1.jpg

p1626978_2.jpg

Sound clip in attachment.

If anybody is in WA state and has a better mic/camera and wants to hear/see it in person, message me!

Attachments

• 1011101319..wav
    41 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

HEDORAH

awwww fuck
Oct 3, 2010
Fort Lewis, WA
joel903;1626996 said:
Sounds pretty damn good to me! That exhaust is a winner!

Thanks. FYI, it's a NA with K&N FIPK, Head Port, and 284 cams for that sound.

And I'm running it without the silencer. I noticed very little difference in volume and it was slightly higher in pitch with silencer.