New Daily Driver!

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
Just picked up a new DD today, im gonna be ditching my mighty max pickup... I am sure about 90% of you will offer up a flame or 2 on this one... I even have in mind the people who most likely will ha!

Anyway... its a 96 integra GSR.. has a good bit of miles on it, but doesnt burn or leak any oil. Has neuspeed coilovers on it, rolled fenders, DC headers, hollowed cat, and a catback(not sure what brand yet). Handles nicely except for the occasional deep pothole which tends to bottom out the suspension yay.

Hood is carbon fiber but faded and the Clearcoat has 2 cracks in it. Probably just try and see if polishing compound helps to bring the clear back out and deal with the cracks being its just a DD and not a show car.

feel free to ask questions and try to leave productive comments.

-Ryan

Attachments

• teg1.JPG
    teg1.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 63
  • teg2.JPG
    teg2.JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 42
  • teg3.JPG
    teg3.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 46

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
Hah, my very first car was a '90 Integra LS, that car was a lot of fun. My current DD is a '97 Honda Accord LX ... so no flaming coming from me :)

But anyways, nice car! Have fun with it

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
its actually alot quicker than i thought it would be...im sure the headers back exhaust and the upgraded fuel rail and intake dont hurt.The supra hasnt been my dd for over a year now. Ive been using my 88 mitsu mighty max pickup...2.0 carbureted... got me ~23mpg on a good week... usually more like 20-21. Guy i work with, who i bought it from, said beating on it he could get 22mpg outta it... 26-30 if youre mostly highway. Im not worried about the signals... just as long as they work.

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
HellsLegion said:
I wasn't referring to the legality of the signals, I just think they are ugly, just like clear signals on Surpas. Its personal preference.

:p

I knew what ya meant, It just doesnt bother me enought to put out the money to buy stockers, i can deal with them for now...

Just got a pair of skunk2 upper control arms put on tonight, Adjustable camber +/- 3* :icon_bigg Previous owner ( a tech at my shop ) ordered them and gave them to me free because he knew the stock ball joints had a good bit of play in them. and a thumbs up for o2 simulators... emissions wasnt a problem with the hollowed cat...

Alignment getting done tomorrow and imma pull the camber to about -1.5*to -2*.. not sure yet... being its slammed, the camber is very negative as is. Imma wash wax n clean it up this weekend and get some updated pics

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
Nice DD man. As long as it gets better gas mileage than the other car you were driving its good lol Lets just hope you find a harness cause I'd rather see the supra =)

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
NA86.5 said:
Nice ride real clean bro you should get good fuel economy compared to a supra
I don't want fuel economy, I want a rediculous amount of power so that I can do burnouts at every light.:slap:

Haha. Just messing with you.

What's the insurance on one of those compared to the truck? I remember my buddy sold his 02 Corolla, and bought a 91 Alltrac Turbo, his gas milage went to shit, but he said he more then made up for it with the insuracne difference.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
starscream5000 said:
If you want good gas mileage in a DD get a geo ;). I just calculated mine last night when I filled up, I got 45.84 MPG on mine.
Apperanty the VW TDI motors get REDICULOUS gas milage. I knew a mechanic that had a Beetle TDI, and he said he got over 70mpg on the highway.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
annoyingrob said:
Apperanty the VW TDI motors get REDICULOUS gas milage. I knew a mechanic that had a Beetle TDI, and he said he got over 70mpg on the highway.

Look at how much one of those costs compared to a geo metro though. I'm sure it would pay for itself in the long run, but it's a tough choice, +50 MPG capable Geo Metro Vs expensive TDI VW getting ~65 MPG.

The 46 MPG that I almost got is a good starting point for me. I was actually getting only 38 when I first bought it, then I did some well needed maintenance to it, and few free mods I've learned about that help the mileage. 14" rims, taller tires, and a few things taken out of the car and I should be in the 50 MPG club easily ;).

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
annoyingrob said:
I don't want fuel economy, I want a rediculous amount of power so that I can do burnouts at every light.:slap:

Haha. Just messing with you.

What's the insurance on one of those compared to the truck? I remember my buddy sold his 02 Corolla, and bought a 91 Alltrac Turbo, his gas milage went to shit, but he said he more then made up for it with the insuracne difference.

Insurance went up an extra $60 a month goin from the mitsu pickup to the teggie. sux but its worth it.... I know RWD is still FTW, but itll be good to throw some dunlop m3 wintersports on the teg, bring it up an inch, and be able to drive in the snow :biglaugh:. Tell ya what, Vtec is cooler than i had thought it was. Got some nice kick to it. And revving to 8200 rpm is hella fun.

Still Love my supras more ... so dont get all defensive fellas

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
xarewhyayen said:
Tell ya what, Vtec is cooler than i had thought it was. Got some nice kick to it. And revving to 8200 rpm is hella fun.

Still Love my supras more ... so dont get all defensive fellas

GTFO!

Lay Off the Teggy Kool-Aid. Drive it daily, but spend your mod money on the Supra!

:biglaugh:

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
took me for a quick ride today, its a quick little bugger, but i like my supra power betta ;)