New Crusade, or just a anti-Jihad?

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
Joel-First of all, thanks much for your support.

As long as the kit costs less than $10, I can easily find hydrogen and the price for it stays low (no guarantees) I'll do it. Get back to me when the requirements are met. Thanks for your time.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
hahhah anytime man .... and on the kit, i have some to do some more R&D to keep it under 10$ but im on it. some day it will happen here. just need some time. after paying $3.26 a gallon this summer im ready for it...

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Wow, and I've been accused of thinking science fiction was science fact...

10.00 Hydrogen plants? I'm not saying it's impossible, but when you get that one ready, let me know, and I'll invest all I can in it since your going to become the next Bill Gates overnight.

In a book I read years ago by L. Ron Hubbard about space aliens who were here collecting gold, and screwing with the government(s) before they take over the planet at a later date, one of guys installed a carb that turned water into hydrogen for the engine to run on. (And he also added steel wheels, but that's another part of the story.) Complete science fiction.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's about as likely as us inventing the "will-be-was" drive for spaceships. (Also featured in the same books.)

Back on topic,
Our troops can't leave Iraq right now, and the job is not done yet. They have to get some kind of a stable government in place before we leave. This is obvious to everyone over there, and the ones who want an Islamic government know the best way to end up with one is to just cause havoc with the current one, and eventually it will fall. (We are there to prevent that, but the problem is, Iraq, and the rest of the middle east is so corrupt that our form of government is not going to work there. (Yes, belive it, they are more corrupt that we are.)
The leaders are in on some of it, the police and military in Iraq are in on the insurgency, and the religion teaches them that to oppose us is a good thing....

Nuke em. It's the only way to just get it all over with. If we leave now, the country will fall into civil war, and Iraq will become a huge zone of death and un-stability in the area. (Enjoyed your 3.75gal gas? Get used to it for a few more years.) Not to mention the terrorists trained and dispactched from this "unstable" Iraq going out to other places around the globe and blowing them up. (Look at Aman, and many other places where this is going on right now. Imagine how many more would be trained as human bombs if Iraq was just walked away from now.)

There is no easy solution. This is why Bush Sr. stopped at Kuwait the first time. (well, the easy solution could have been used after 911, but now we have lost the backbone, and worldwide support for it. Nukes.)

If after 911, the USA had gone to Russia, China, India and Pakastan and told them we know the Taliban were directly responsible for this event, and we are going to glass over that entire country in 48 hours if they don't hand over the leaders, those countries would have had no choice but to agree to our terms. The world was outraged. And scared of further attacks.

Now, years later, we have spent billions, lost many lives and are fighting a conventional war with gurrella style enemies. (Sounds so much like Viet Nam it stinks.)

BTW, I think we should have nuked Nam too. :)

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Well, it would be nice to have a tank of water that could be converted to hydrogen and oxygen, and then burned in your existing engine.

That converter is science fiction however. (As far as I know.) The power needed to split the water takes more energy than it releases. (And the only source of power needed to split the water is currently being produced with even more polluting sources in many cases.)

The best advance of internal combustion engines I've seen yet is the move to direct injection gas designs.

Audi and others have been working on these for awhile. There are many advantages to a direct injection gas engine.

No pre-detonation means you can turbocharge and run high compression designs.
More power from smaller motors burning less fuel.
Also you can run very lean under low load conditions. (Audi has proven this in race conditions, the R8 cars manytime whipped the competition at the fuel stops.)
Imagine the power of a 4L V8 with twin turbo's. Say 13:1 static CR, and running 30lbs of boost. The fuel is only introduced right when you want it to burn, so there is no detonation, and no pre-ignition. Just lots of power :) (Much like a diesel setup, but with less soot.)
Heck, with that much compression, you might not even need spark plugs, but will be able to ignight the gas on the hot air alone. (Just like a diesel.)

We know hydrocarbons are plentiful. We should be working on better engine/vehicle designs to get more power out of the fuel we burn, not looking to find a completely different source of fuel in the short term. (Ok, so in 500,000 years, we may have water run cars with hydrogen/oxygen converters built into them, but I'm not going to be around then I expect.)

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Yes that would be ideal, and yes its not here just yet..but i think it will be within my life time.. did you read that hydrogen BMW link i posted back a few posts ago? its here now...and going into full production.. the benifits of hydrogen far outway the benifits of gas (enviromentally speaking)

you can drink the water that comes out of your muffler for one.. Its cleaner than the water out of your tap..

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
One thing that a research team here at osu is workin gon is wave energy from the ocean. If 0.2% of the available wave energy were to be harvested from the ocean, it would produce enough power to power the entire world.
This would free up the precious hydrocarbons to make fast cars, and since we wouldn't need to run turbines any more, prices would drop for our 30 psi 13:1 audis.