New CF-Hood for MKIII

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Looks a hell of a lot better than the "On the Beat" hood. I'd rock it, though ViS is known for fitting like crap and seperation IIRC...

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
Poodles;1626640 said:
Looks a hell of a lot better than the "On the Beat" hood. I'd rock it, though ViS is known for fitting like crap and seperation IIRC...

I spoke to the vendors and they are not willing to do a test fit.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Don't like the Onthebeat hood Poodles? Granted, the only pictures I've seen of it were on rhdjapan's website, and a couple I managed to dig up off OTB's own site, but I can't get a good enough picture to really say whether I like it or not.

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
Poodles;1626752 said:
WTF, way to NOT sell your product...

I mentioned to him that a lot of members from 3 different sites would like to see this item on the car (take pics). He still insists that the hood was pre-tested and he had many sold already and none had any complaint (overseas)......OH WELL! I just have to find out the hard way. I would like to use this hood at the track only and not for daily use.

I GUESS the Top Secret Hood was not sufficient enough...maybe this VIS design is better....

2rqkos2.jpg

Last edited:

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Yea I was guaranteed a perfect fit when I ordered my body kit, and what I got was a one inch gap behind the driver door and a 1 3/4" gap on the passenger side door. Everything else fit perfect it was just cast wrong, the company did not want to do anything about it besides have me send them pics to they could fix the problem on future kits sold. It was not bad for me to redo the part with fiberglass but I cant imagine what a shop would have charged someone to fix it.

The hood being cf if you had to fix or redesign any part of it it will not look good and you will not have as much strength.

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
Are there any decent fitting hoods (short of OEM) that anyone has found. How about a fibreglass OEM style hood? Need to drop some weight but this potential customer service doesn't sound good.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
T701jz;1626792 said:
I GUESS the Top Secret Hood was not sufficient enough...maybe this VIS design is better....

The day I believe that a company like VIS who won't even let you test fit a hood to sell a product FOR them is designed better than something Top Secret has made is the day that the flying crocodiles return to hunt us down...

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
te72;1626885 said:
The day I believe that a company like VIS who won't even let you test fit a hood to sell a product FOR them is designed better than something Top Secret has made is the day that the flying crocodiles return to hunt us down...

hahaha.. this is true.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Would I buy a hood marketed towards kids who've played too much Need For Speed, from a company with a history of crap quality and worse fitment, and who refuses to test fit their product for you?

If it looks like bullshit and smells like bullshit, it's probably bullshit.

Now I have my stupid moments, but I'm not that much of a fool. They can keep their worthless ricer hood, as far as I'm concerned.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
87mk111;1627138 said:
pics of said flying crocs?

Trust me, you'll know when you see them...

Keros;1627267 said:
Would I buy a hood marketed towards kids who've played too much Need For Speed, from a company with a history of crap quality and worse fitment, and who refuses to test fit their product for you?

If it looks like bullshit and smells like bullshit, it's probably bullshit.

Well said. I'd say save your money for a real one guys. Who knows, maybe Shine will end up making hoods for the Mk3 someday. ;)