New car, new project. Asking for advice on my build.

stew_7mgte

Jun 12, 2011
Fontana, CA
I am still trying to get the motor out of the car and unfortunately i decided a while back that i would just leave the transmission in the car because of storage reasons. Now im at the point of pulling the motor but i cant seem to get the pressure plate off of the input shaft. I removed the clutch slave but i cant seem to get the clutch fork off the throwout bearing and now matter what i try the engine wont come off the input shaft. Any ideas?

stew_7mgte

Jun 12, 2011
Fontana, CA
Thanks. I finally found something in a search of the site. Problem is i think i have now wedged the fork onto the bellhousing. Somehow i have to push the two back together and try to remove the fork. Its not completely wedged, i can stick a pry bar on the fork and actuate the pressure plate.

stew_7mgte

Jun 12, 2011
Fontana, CA
I will look for the hks stamping, any particular reason for asking though?

What outside temps do you guys normally run your vehicles in? Right now we are having a heat wave of 105+ degree weather. Im worried that even after my rebuild and everything working well that temp will just be too high for the cooling system to overcome. Previous owner installed a big haste radiator but it only has 1 14" electric fan on it and i know thats not going to work. I plan on buying a new fan clutch and fan while sourcing a shroud from people parting out there cars.

Cyrus

Apr 21, 2008
Bay Area, CA
pretty sure we have people on here who run their cars in arizona in 110+ heat. with stock fan and shroud, and a well maintained cooling system, you should be ok.

mstgeer

stew_7mgte;1866697 said:
I will look for the hks stamping, any particular reason for asking though?

Mainly curious, I have the same turbo. If it is cast with the HKS on the bottom of the exhaust housing and has the threaded port for an egt, it is one of the old school HKS bolt on sport turbos. Based upon all the other HKS goodies, I will bet it is. From what I understand they are getting hard to find.

stew_7mgte

Jun 12, 2011
Fontana, CA
I forgot to mention i travel frequently to running springs. So i have to climb 6000 feet in 14 miles. I love the drive but i worry if it can handle that.