New Car> 1992 NA, 5 speed, Black,PICS UP!!!!

stakie

May 7, 2005
Neptune, NJ
jkbmkiii;966112 said:
Hell I dont care, I would have gave them the money with a blown engine!

Look for a w58/diff/ ge engine for sale soon...

Congrats. I got the same exact car couple weeks back, from Rhode Island.

150K on my car, spent too much, but I love it anyway. Need to do my swap too soon (7m-gte/auto), after the April 5th meet.

I'm curious, what gear ratio diff are you going to put in there? it looks like the 92 na comes with a 4.1 gear ratio.....

Let me know, thanks.

stakie

May 7, 2005
Neptune, NJ
jkbmkiii;971177 said:
I think it has a 4.3 lds?, but ill be swapping out for 3.73 lsd, as soon as I find somebody that wants to trade!

Ok, but I'm not sure that it came LSD though. Hey, do you have the anti lock brakes? And you mentioned yours have TEMS?

I do have a 3.73, but I'm thinking of rebuilding mine.

The motor's already built, so is the auto tranny. The 3.73 has a bearing in there that's bad, so thinking of redoing that and then dropping it all in............

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
stakie;971234 said:
Ok, but I'm not sure that it came LSD though. Hey, do you have the anti lock brakes? And you mentioned yours have TEMS?

I do have a 3.73, but I'm thinking of rebuilding mine.

The motor's already built, so is the auto tranny. The 3.73 has a bearing in there that's bad, so thinking of redoing that and then dropping it all in............

Just checked And the code says>>>>>> G285 =4.300:1 limited slip !!!

Thats Good!

Last edited:

stakie

May 7, 2005
Neptune, NJ
jkbmkiii;971237 said:
Just checked And the code says>>>>>> G285 =4.300:1 limited slip !!!

Thats Good!

Where can you check for this code? Is it on the car?
Never mind, found it.....

C/TR: 202/FN15
A/TM: G282/W58
Model: MA701-BLMVFA
NO. 491

I knew I read somewhere the diff was 4.1. I guess why it's G282. Is there a chart/explanation for the different diffs, years, and the advantage/disadvantages of the diffs?

Also, did yours come with the subwoofer in the trunk, and the "lifted" spare wheel cover?

Last edited:

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
stakie;972097 said:
Where can you check for this code? Is it on the car?
Never mind, found it.....

C/TR: 202/FN15
A/TM: G282/W58
Model: MA701-BLMVFA
NO. 491

I knew I read somewhere the diff was 4.1. I guess why it's G282. Is there a chart/explanation for the different diffs, years, and the advantage/disadvantages of the diffs?

Also, did yours come with the subwoofer in the trunk, and the "lifted" spare wheel cover?

No subwoofer/lifted cover..

"I knew I read somewhere the diff was 4.1. I guess why it's G282. Is there a chart/explanation for the different diffs, years, and the advantage/disadvantages of the diffs?"

Search!