New camber bolts ... one I removed is different?

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
I recently installed all new bushings on the front as well as new camber bolts, nuts, washers and those notched things. Three I took off (both passenger and the bolt on the rear of the driver's control arm) were exactly the same as the ones I installed, but the camber bolt on the front of the driver's control arm had much smaller notched circular things....enough so that I can't get the new ones into place at all, the tabs won't spread out.

Is there a way to spread the tabs out further? Or is there supposed to be a specific camber bolt and notched washer installed in this ONE place? As it sits, it is torqued properly but is squishing the tabs out (still fixable) but I'd rather have it doen properly than half-assed. Thanks!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Rear: 48190-14010

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291420/Parts/48190R.aspx

MCR675.gif

Front: 48190-14020

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291420/Parts/48190.aspx

MCL009A.gif

Different between front and rear. The tabs that the eccentric lobes contact are supposed to be perpendicular to the subframe. There should be no squishing. I've got all new camber bolts in my rear subframe, and front, and all fit exactly as they should, even after I had behind those tabs welded so they would stay perpendicular to the subframes.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Not unless you drill out the spot welds and re-weld "new" ones on. (By "new" I mean from someone's part car or something)

It would be blatantly obvious if someone already replaced them. And even if they're bent over, a small hammer and some time with a relatively dull chisel can right them easily. Mine were squashed flat, and are now perfect again, with nice beaded welds behind them so they'll never bend again.

Post some pics if you can. The front and rear are in fact supposed to be different.