new bee rebuild brainstorm questions for the well experiencs

rotarex

Oct 28, 2006
Toronto
hey i never rebuild an engine in my life, in face i never even seen it done, but i have been playing around with autos all life.. anywhoo im planning on ordering the rebuild video of ebay....

anyz the engine i want to build all the parts are going to be ordered of ebay<<<<<<< is that a good thing 1st off lol i donno..

this engine is going to be put into my toyota pickup truck and im aming for 300-400hp with this build up but by my calculations i would get more like 325hp................This engine is more built for reliability and efficency then power

my big question....is performance pistons and valves worth it? and i only want to put them in to get more efficency out fo the engine, then power, but some people online says its not worth it true or not? on ebay there is arias pistons and eagle rods i dont know about names and whos better

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
you can easily make 400rwhp with a stock longblock 7mgte.

Why does your engine need a rebuild? Is it worn or do you think it need it for the power increase? For the level of power you are aiming at, no, not worth it, stick with the stock parts, but upgrade the headgasket to metal and also upgrade the bolts to arp studs.

Ebay parts are fine, it you get the right brands. There are complete gasket kits on ebay made by the oem supplier for toyota.

mattjk wants to know, do you use the term "rebar"?

rotarex

Oct 28, 2006
Toronto
well i want to do the rebuild so i know for shure the engine will last long and it wont break when i need it, as for stock internals like i said i dont want if for power but if i can get more MPG i will install them, but i think performance valves will do that better, and as for pistons, if i do install performance pistons, later on if i feel like i need more power i know i can get it easier because the internals are finish, also if i wanted to buy a supra later on ill do the swap