New Alpine Head Unit, Antenna Stuck Up

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
Replaced an old Alpine with the new 9884 (with iPod control) - I recommend it.

Ever since, my antenna goes up, and won't come down. I planed with the power antenna wire on the wire harness. It's hooked to the wire on the head unit that only gives it power when Head Unit is on and in "tuner" mode. Nothing fancy about that.

The antenna doesn't go down when I take the key out or shut the radio off, etc. Is there more than one wire to tell the antenna what to do? Maybe a "motor, go up" wire and "motor, go down" wire.

?

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
typically its supposed to just go to the antenna wire from the radio which is typically solid Blue. Or in some cases Blue/white which is the amp turn on wire... Pull the radio out and see if you can cut the antenna wire from the harness on the radio and manually actuate the motor. There could be a chance that it has stopped working.

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
pbasil1;1086879 said:
typically its supposed to just go to the antenna wire from the radio which is typically solid Blue. Or in some cases Blue/white which is the amp turn on wire... Pull the radio out and see if you can cut the antenna wire from the harness on the radio and manually actuate the motor. There could be a chance that it has stopped working.

Well, after driving with it for a few day:

-The antenna will go down on its own after being parked for a period of time
-Going out of 'tuner' mode oe switching the radio on/off, I can hear a relay switching in the back of the car near the antenna, but it doesn't always move.