New AEM FIC

phillyd

Supramania Contributor
Oct 15, 2008
Auburn, AL
boosted2085;1412543 said:
why spend that much for that piggyback?...

What do you suggest instead? I am looking to make 400ish whp...I'd like a bit more tune-ability than just pulling fuel with an AFC...

boosted2085

I was spoolin :(
Mar 1, 2009
houston,tx
phillyd;1415216 said:
What do you suggest instead? I am looking to make 400ish whp...I'd like a bit more tune-ability than just pulling fuel with an AFC...

Well if you wanna stick with piggyback then maftpro is a good choice.its similar to an afc but it has more tuning capabilties than an afc(part throttle, full throttle, hi mid lo settings, boost controller settings, put a mod to apply the timing control, and also fine tuning). you can change the rpm points where to add fuel instead of defualt set rpm points( dont mistake it for raising the rpm limiter because thats not what it is)...its good up around 500hp area..if you want more than standalone is what you want...you can find one on here for a good deal,whole setup for around 300$ range with maftpro,sensors ,harness,boostcontroller..

gravesdu_99

Jun 30, 2007
Potsdam
i don't consider $450 that much money for what the system can do. Neo's go for $350 and can't do a 1/4 what the aem can do. I'm thinking about going to this system in the spring, but not sure yet. I would like to see someone run it first. I'm sick my stinger system and would like to get something that uses the stock idle air control valve.

tsupranami

Drain Bamaged
Mar 11, 2006
Eastern WA
I tried one, but was told by AEM that it would not work with our style injectors or ignition system, so it would have ended up being a very complex AFC-type setup. You would have to make some sort of adapter to make those components work. It would control boost and fuel in one, so that in itself is unique.