new act clutch stupid sensitive

K3vdaw6

Jul 1, 2015
canada
hi guys. I just got my car back today. Had the ACT extreme street/strip kit put in and its ridiculously sensitive. When I first got it back the bite point was almost on the floor and seemed to have very little stroke till it released. Ive adjusted the pedal to get the engagement off the floor. Its a little higher up now but theres still very little stroke to the pedal. It feels like when I let it out, from where I can feel it start to grab to when its fully engaged is like 3/4 of an inch.

I know upgraded aftermarket clutches will be stiffer and more sensitive but this seems like a bit much. Im pretty new to manual transmissions so I have no previous experience.

So should I wait a bit (since it just got done today) and see if it smooths out? or should I be callin the shop that did it to see if they bled the hydraulics properly or possibly screwed something up?

Again im not really sure what to expect. The new clutch grabs pretty hard. My old clutch is what I learned on but it was soaked in gear oil when they removed it because of the trans input shaft seal was gone.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
K3vdaw6;2059633 said:
hi guys. I just got my car back today. Had the ACT extreme street/strip kit put in and its ridiculously sensitive. When I first got it back the bite point was almost on the floor and seemed to have very little stroke till it released. Ive adjusted the pedal to get the engagement off the floor. Its a little higher up now but theres still very little stroke to the pedal. It feels like when I let it out, from where I can feel it start to grab to when its fully engaged is like 3/4 of an inch.

I know upgraded aftermarket clutches will be stiffer and more sensitive but this seems like a bit much. Im pretty new to manual transmissions so I have no previous experience.

So should I wait a bit (since it just got done today) and see if it smooths out? or should I be callin the shop that did it to see if they bled the hydraulics properly or possibly screwed something up?

Again im not really sure what to expect. The new clutch grabs pretty hard. My old clutch is what I learned on but it was soaked in gear oil when they removed it because of the trans input shaft seal was gone.
This is completely normal. I've driven stock 4 bangers with upgraded clutches (owners think it'll make them faster) & just barely leaving the floorboard ive stalled out since they didn't tell me.

K3vdaw6

Jul 1, 2015
canada
k that makes me feel a little better. I know it wont make it faster. I only did it because the old one was gone and I plan on 400-450 hp so I figure why change it twice, just go with the one thatll hold what I want to put into it lol. hoping to do the df ic kit, df 57 trim, 3" turbo back with recirc ddp, lexus amf, 550's, tookwiks c.o.p. mod and a few other things this winter while its in storage.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
K3vdaw6;2059639 said:
k that makes me feel a little better. I know it wont make it faster. I only did it because the old one was gone and I plan on 400-450 hp so I figure why change it twice, just go with the one thatll hold what I want to put into it lol. hoping to do the df ic kit, df 57 trim, 3" turbo back with recirc ddp, lexus amf, 550's, tookwiks c.o.p. mod and a few other things this winter while its in storage.

Check out Morganson's COP S-TYPE setup.
I actually have the bracket & Coils. I don't have a 7M anymore so they're just sitting around somewhere...

K3vdaw6

Jul 1, 2015
canada
damn that's sexy. I hate the coil pack on the 7m. looks waaaay better without it. what you want for the coils and the bracket?

K3vdaw6

Jul 1, 2015
canada
ok so I just went and picked up my girl from her friends place and Im noticing a vibration at certain rpms. I can see the steering wheel vibrating sometimes. reminds me of a worn ujoint. wondering if this is something to expect from a new upgraded clutch and pp? or if my mechanic screwed up putting the shafts back in. it was smooth before I took it in.