neutral start switch hardwire question

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Ok, I am trying to hardwire the neutral start switch by bypassing it all together. I have the 2 plugs that come from it, and in total there are 9 wires. How do I connect these together, especially since there are 9? One pair will have 3 connections? The colours are: white, brown, grey(thin wire), grey(thich wire), yellow, pink, blue, orange, and green.
Anyone who knows which to connect, or can explain to me how to do it please speak up :1zhelp:.
eric

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
To bypass the NSS, take the connector that has three wires going to it that looks likes this:

I I
-

Use a jumper wire to connect the two plugs together that look like this I I, and you'll bypass the NSS.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Nick - He just replace his auto tranny with another, but does not have the neutral start switch installed.

Stretch - What happened to the neutral start switch on the old tranny? You really do not want to bypass it...it's a safety feature.

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
Stretch;1315731 said:
Really that's it? I don't need to fiddle with the other connector? The car won't throw a code?
eric

You don't need to fiddle with the other connector to be able to start/drive your car.

Your engine won't throw any engine codes (no check engine light), but your transmission will throw transmission codes. Your overdrive light will be flashing while you're driving, and your overdrive won't engage; but other than that, you can drive it by bypassing the NSS. It's no permanent fix by any means, but it can get you by until you get it fixed.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I know you the engine will run with a manual trans and auto ECU. But you should use the manual ECU.

The automatic ECU is looking for range selection for most accurate tables.