nelson bc?

twan

Supramania Contributor
Oct 18, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
so im going to move from toronto ontario to nelson bc canada next spring and i"ll be taking my mkiii. its a 4000km trip and a 35 hour drive and im getting the car ready now. does anyone know people in nelson or area in the kootenay mountains that might be able to help me find work and board? or any suggestions for the ride?

thanks

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
why in the hell are you moving to Nelson?!? There's nothing there! Near Surrey, well let me know and ill do what I can

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Why Nelson, specifically?

I grew up there... haven't been back in many years now, not since 1980. Work has been tough to find since the mill shut down, what's left of the place runs on tourism now I hear.

Nice skiing... and nice mountain biking in the summer.

twan

Supramania Contributor
Oct 18, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
why nelson? i know a girl there. its the only person i know who lives in bc. so its kinda just like a starting point. she can how me around and introduce me to people and stuff. im into construction and mechanics though so maybe i can get into something.

but whats in surrey bc?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Pretty much everything. Surrey is a suburb of Vancouver, part of the lower mainland. Biggest city west of Toronto, with all the things you'd expect, and better Japanese food.

Nelson is a small town - under 10k population. It's all of about 2.5 km long, and about half that wide - you can walk from one end to the other in under an hour. It's deep in the interior, so you can expect 4 full seasons, unlike the coast where we get summer and rain, no real spring / winter / fall. When I say everyone in Nelson knows everyone else, I'm not kidding. If the plumber's wife has an affair, at least half the city will know about it.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
GrimJack;1466990 said:
Pretty much everything. Surrey is a suburb of Vancouver, part of the lower mainland. Biggest city west of Toronto, with all the things you'd expect, and better Japanese food.

Nelson is a small town - under 10k population. It's all of about 2.5 km long, and about half that wide - you can walk from one end to the other in under an hour. It's deep in the interior, so you can expect 4 full seasons, unlike the coast where we get summer and rain, no real spring / winter / fall. When I say everyone in Nelson knows everyone else, I'm not kidding. If the plumber's wife has an affair, at least half the city will know about it.

lol Damn, that IS a small city, didn't realize it was that small.

Duane