negative Rear Camber after Lowering???

mk3dude

May 16, 2006
Toronto
IJ.;1314298 said:
If someone can measure a stock arm Centre to centre I'll measure mine today and confirm, If I have it wrong you have my sincere apologies but I can't think of a reason why I'd have bought a 2nd pair of arms to do mine.

'IJ' No hard feelings :icon_razz just want to get this camber rite this time. i don't want to mess this up again.

mk3dude

May 16, 2006
Toronto
pln;1314325 said:
"any suggestions? i went to the alignment shop today just to see where i sit my negative camber got worse after extending them so the guy at the shop suggested i should have shortened them instead of extending which was my original plan. so tomorrow i will be going back to the machine shop to get them to shorten it by 28mm"

Yes. Adding more length to traktionarm will only push out lower part of tire more... and result in more negative camber. logiqally (spelling )
How much in mm did the hk lower?

when you mean 'HK' lower what do you mean? if you mean the H&R springs they lowered the rear by 1.2

mk3dude

May 16, 2006
Toronto
no because the toe arm is shorter than the camber arm. so lengthen the camber arm pushes the wheel out from the rear more. that leaves the toe arm maxed out since it shorter.

mk3dude

May 16, 2006
Toronto
lol well now that we got that clarified. i am thinking of shortening the arm by 28mm. what do you guys think? do you think it would be enough? my negative camber was -3.12 after i lengthened it by 14mm when i went to the shop today. it was 1.7 before with the stock length.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I would guess so, yes. I was thinking I must be taking retard pills when I read the earlier posts about lengthening the arms, because that seemed to me to be the wrong direction,
and I figured I HAD to be wrong, but just couldn't figure out why. Anyway, When I had my car lowered onto Eibach's, the shop was able to get all the alignment back into spec as well, just to confirm what others were saying on here about it.

mk3dude

May 16, 2006
Toronto
yeah i know what can you do :aigo: i guess you live and you learn. anyways i think the drop difference is why they were able to align yours into spec. the h&r drops it 1.3 in the rear and the Eibachs 1.0. i guess that .3 makes a big difference