Garrett 60-1 .84 backhousing
Walboro 255
Sard 680cc
SAFC II
Blitz access ECU (no rev limiter)
6psi it made 290rwhp
on 14psi it made 421rwhp
I dont know what it makes on 18psi, but Im guessing its upper 400's low 500's

It seems very efficient for a combo that uses just a 60-1.

Well lately I have been thinking of freshening the motor. and running a Haltech e6x

Found a good set of rods on tweakit
http://www.tweakit.net/shop/product_info.php?cPath=326_396_917&products_id=7251

pistons are no problem, maybe some driftmotion probes. new alternator,new pumps,new starter, sensors etc. just to have a fresh motor that will give me a few years of service. and wont have to worry if I decide to upgrade the turbo

but the thing is I have a 2jzGE sitting in my garage that I got for free. would I be crazy. to build the 1jz over building the 2jz with Eagle rods and some forged pistons for a 1.5j?

the thing is right now the 1jz is pretty fast. the powerband is so smooth I dont even light up tires. and it pulls hard to over 8k with these cams. little lacking on the low end, but Im sure that can be fixed with cam gears, smaller backhousing and better tuning with the haltech. but overall. is it crazy to do the 1jz over a 1.5j for my car?

bigpanda16

seda cone crusher
Aug 10, 2007
Kennesaw, GA
yeah dude. stay with what you like. if youre digging the revability of your 1j.
but at your power levels(which are more than ample for sliding a 240) you should just hone, re-ring, arp rod bolts, new bearings/bushings.
unless youre made of money
sell the 2j you got for free to get some rebuilding cash on hand(pm me if it'll be fairly cheap, i'd drive down to FL from GA real quick for a 2j)

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
Boostage;1375221 said:
I have a 1jz 240

Weight 3097lbs

Crower small core 272's
BC springs and retainers
Garrett 60-1 .84 backhousing
Walboro 255
Sard 680cc
SAFC II
Blitz access ECU (no rev limiter)
6psi it made 290rwhp
on 14psi it made 421rwhp
I dont know what it makes on 18psi, but Im guessing its upper 400's low 500's

It seems very efficient for a combo that uses just a 60-1.

Well lately I have been thinking of freshening the motor. and running a Haltech e6x

Found a good set of rods on tweakit
http://www.tweakit.net/shop/product_info.php?cPath=326_396_917&products_id=7251

pistons are no problem, maybe some driftmotion probes. new alternator,new pumps,new starter, sensors etc. just to have a fresh motor that will give me a few years of service. and wont have to worry if I decide to upgrade the turbo

but the thing is I have a 2jzGE sitting in my garage that I got for free. would I be crazy. to build the 1jz over building the 2jz with Eagle rods and some forged pistons for a 1.5j?

the thing is right now the 1jz is pretty fast. the powerband is so smooth I dont even light up tires. and it pulls hard to over 8k with these cams. little lacking on the low end, but Im sure that can be fixed with cam gears, smaller backhousing and better tuning with the haltech. but overall. is it crazy to do the 1jz over a 1.5j for my car?

if it were me i would do the 1.5 jz, more pwr on the low end, faster spool with the same turbo, overall more pwr... with the 1jz and a smaller exhaust housing you may not make as much power with the same turbo up top but all in all it still is your choice and it depends on how much you have to spend and how much time you want to wait

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
Zumtizzle;1375459 said:
1JZ is a good pair for a lighter car.

I'd stick with it.

any jz motor is good for a lighter car

bigpanda16;1394989 said:
yeah dude. stay with what you like. if youre digging the revability of your 1j.
but at your power levels(which are more than ample for sliding a 240) you should just hone, re-ring, arp rod bolts, new bearings/bushings.
unless youre made of money
sell the 2j you got for free to get some rebuilding cash on hand(pm me if it'll be fairly cheap, i'd drive down to FL from GA real quick for a 2j)

any built 2j will rev like a 1j

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
Damn, 421 at 14psi on that turbo? Nice setup. I see you are in FL also.

If you aren't really looking for much more power personally I'd stick with the 1JZ and freshen it up like jz240kouki said above me. It sounds like you have a strong running motor already. It seems like a full build is very unnecessary at this point.

If you are power hungry I would start running with the 2J.