need update fastest 5spd 7m mkiii

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Gary, (mibrum on youtube) has an 8.62 posted. I don't know if it is his car, but he put it up. I doubt he has a Toyota R trans in it, but you never know.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
You've been around for a while.... Tyler with the Silver MK3 and Duane both have r154's and in the tens! Lots of 1jz's and 2Jz cars in the 10's with r154's

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
I haven't raced mine with this set-up but it will go fast like last year. I ran 9's last year but with an auto and got booted for lack of safety equipment, and no NHRA license. I now run the R154.

Duane

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Ya, 14s 1/4 mile times.

Roman seems to be significantly faster than average - average being 14, of course - even so, there's some room for significant improvement, all he needs is traction. Traction is cheap, it comes from tires that trade treadblocks and tire wear for pure chewing gum sticky. Actually, I'm pretty sure Roman has run much quicker times than that, too.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
honeydew;1619957 said:
7M-GTE, Stock internals, T04R, R154

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjpCe7_kgSw

Notice the MPH in the right lane. 12.4 but at 129MPH, Sawblades just couldn't stick. The horse power is sick. It also has plates on it, it's a DD. He drove it to Cayuga and drove it home.

It has nothing to do with the saw blades, it was tires, obviously. That would high 500 - 600 RWHP depending on weight as that's what I trapped at when I was 600. Slicks on saw blades work fine and will be in the lower 11's. ;) Drove it home? What, is that a surprise these days? LOL

Nick M;1619992 said:
You know what 300, 400, 500 horse Supras have in common?

Yes, driver seat time.

Duane

honeydew

Supra Freebaser
May 10, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
upgradedsupra;1620063 said:
It has nothing to do with the saw blades, it was tires, obviously. That would high 500 - 600 RWHP depending on weight as that's what I trapped at when I was 600. Slicks on saw blades work fine and will be in the lower 11's. ;) Drove it home? What, is that a surprise these days? LOL

I kinda thought you'd know mentioning sawblades would imply the tires were not slicks. I should have been more specific about that. My fault entirely. With the roll cage it was impossible to cart tires to and from the track.

Not to be contradictory, but ya, 6 years ago it was a surprise for anyone to drive their car there and home again when racing Pro-street. Back then a 12 would get you a 1st place. They are faster now. It's a massive advertising opportunity in Toronto to run a "street" car at the strip with throw away engines, massive turbos, full slicks/skinnies, professionally tuned, the occasional dogbox that "falls" under the radar, carbon-fibre everything and mostly on a trailer to promote the countless tuning/performance part shops in the Toronto area. It's an excellent venue and there is money to be made quite effectively, especially in the Pro-street category.

To be entirely fair, many of those racers are coming from very far away and driving those distances is hazardous on the street and/or for track performance. Whenever I have been at a CSCS the entire lot at Cayuga is filled with trailers.

So when some nobody builds some dirty, rusted MK3 in the driveway, home-made everything, no wideband, no afc, sawblades with radials, licence plate and he's got a perfect tune on a T04R, running 11's, beating the hell out of shiny tuning shop disciples at pro-street, you have to admire that.

I love seeing some dude with obviously no money kicking ass at the track. It's unexpected and rare. Maybe it's just me.

Anyway, I posted it as the car had some serious hp for the backyard project that it was. I thought someone might find it interesting. It's not my car so I'm not bragging. I hope I didn't imply it was the fastest (that would be presumptuous of me and there really is no way to accurately quantify that claim) although it is the fastest "stock" 7M I have ever seen. Honestly, the entire build on this thing had to cost less than your clutch.

Edited to say GrimJack, I believe Roman's car was crushed at the wrecker about 5 years ago. He salvaged what he could from it and sold it for scrap. The body was just too far gone. I know he ran faster times too, but I don't have video :( Sorry!

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2003
Canada
It isn't rare at all here to race a car and drive it home. (At least where I live) I have done that back in '01 and still do it today. At least in the Supra world, it's the norm but if you talk domestics, then a different story. One Supra is a drag Supra and gets trailered but it is a full drag car.

I am in no way taking away from the time you posted, it is great to see, but it has some money in to it. I doubt it's a "stock" 7M though. You know the mods on this car btw? 129 trap, is a low 11 sec car. :) (maybe even a 10 depending on weight and driver mod)

Duane

honeydew

Supra Freebaser
May 10, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
Regular track days I totally agree with you. That is awesome that you have a 9-second 7M, That must have been F-ing amazing to break into the 9's. (Sorry I JUST read that in your sig.)

Unfortunately Cayuga is kinda in the middle of nowhere, I know it's called "Toronto Motorsports Park" But it's a good 1.5 to 2 hours from Toronto depending on the horrific QEW highway. A lot of drivers are from much farther away.

I do know what was done as the engine still exists virtually the same in someone's car. The 7M had stock internals. Not a stock set up but rods/pistons, crank, cams, valves, etc all stock. It had some great runs but due to lack of money, it didn't last long. It's not like he ran the car for 10 years. It was a reliable 12, then 11 second car for a year or 2 before it started to fall apart. As the body was so ripped up by rust he decided not to put in any more to build it up. Plus the biggest giveaway is Roman was dirt-farmer poor back then.... lol

I didn't think you were trying to take anything away from it, I was trying to justify why I put the clip up in the first place.

Wait I have a pic at how truly pathetic this car looked. I'm sorry I don't have a pic of the quarters. That was the best part.
p1621536_1.jpg

I'm almost certain this is his. Is that firewall burgundy?
p1621536_2.jpg

4" homemade exhaust and homemade intercooler (Half of a semi-truck intercooler with chamber added) At a friends house
p1621536_3.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2003
Canada
honeydew;1621536 said:
Regular track days I totally agree with you. That is awesome that you have a 9-second 7M, That must have been F-ing amazing to break into the 9's. (Sorry I JUST read that in your sig.)

Unfortunately Cayuga is kinda in the middle of nowhere, I know it's called "Toronto Motorsports Park" But it's a good 1.5 to 2 hours from Toronto depending on the horrific QEW highway. A lot of drivers are from much farther away.

I do know what was done as the engine still exists virtually the same in someone's car. The 7M had stock internals. Not a stock set up but rods/pistons, crank, cams, valves, etc all stock. It had some great runs but due to lack of money, it didn't last long. It's not like he ran the car for 10 years. It was a reliable 12, then 11 second car for a year or 2 before it started to fall apart. As the body was so ripped up by rust he decided not to put in any more to build it up. Plus the biggest giveaway is Roman was dirt-farmer poor back then.... lol

I didn't think you were trying to take anything away from it, I was trying to justify why I put the clip up in the first place.

Wait I have a pic at how truly pathetic this car looked. I'm sorry I don't have a pic of the quarters. That was the best part.

I'm almost certain this is his. Is that firewall burgundy?

4" homemade exhaust and homemade intercooler (Half of a semi-truck intercooler with chamber added) At a friends house

Yeah, that seems to be a little rough. Nice to see some MKIII's in the 11's and that trap is awesome to see!! Thanks for sharing the video and pics. What does the guy have now since no more Supra.

Duane

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
upgradedsupra;1620063 said:
Yes, driver seat time.

Duane

That too, but I was thinking more like a THM 350 with a trans brake, converter, serious weight reduction, slicks 90/10's if you can find them for a Supra...things needed to get out of the 12's that the joke comes from.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Nick M;1622313 said:
That too, but I was thinking more like a THM 350 with a trans brake, converter, serious weight reduction, slicks 90/10's if you can find them for a Supra...things needed to get out of the 12's that the joke comes from.

Hey, Duane and I have both run passes faster than 12 without any of that except the slicks.