Need turbo info, in what Class or Stage i have.

yotatoysupra89

What da heck is a Lurker?
Apr 29, 2007
Zebulon, NC
I have a rebuilt turbo from my friends drag 69' Pontiac GTO Judge. The numbers for the turbo have been scraped off say for the A/R of both sides. Its a turbo by Garrett and the A/R of the turbine side is 1.15 and for the compressor side its 1.10 from looking at specs of similar turbos its best suited for a car with 5 liters or more, but i was wondering what class this turbo would fall under and what kind of boost levels id be looking at with my motor bored and stroked to a 3.3ltr.

No one hardly visits this part of the thread so if anyone knows anything about this turbo please let me know.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I don't know how to classify that turbo into a stage but I can tell you that it is HUGE. I don't think this turbo would work well for you application even with your increased displacenement. It would spool at very high rpm if it even reaches full boost and would not be too streetable. I'm sure someone more knowlegable will give you more specifics.

yotatoysupra89

Apr 29, 2007
Zebulon, NC
Well if i can reach a good boost maybe not max but like 20ish im goin to rebuild the block to handle it.....she wont be streetlegal after the build but everyonce and again itll find it to the streets somehow. i got a camry so im not worried bout DDin it. I just want to know about where it will start to build boost and what lb will i get b4 or around redline....plus i think im goin to get a 6m crank and titan race head and bump my redline to 7000 or 7200.

My friends judge was getting 2.somethin bar with it in and he was runnin low 8s still streetable so i was hoping to be around or just a tick below 2 bar and keep it on the street but if i cant she will becom my track and dyno whore and everyonce and a while if im feelin vegas lucky ill drive it on the road i live near raleigh so the cops are pretty bad.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Boost coming on line at 6500 RPM's... "Hello? Where's the boost? I'm bumping the rev limiter and it's still not there.... Hello?.....Man, this car's slower than shit" :3d_frown:

Even the top dogs around here aren't using a turbo that large dude. Find yourself something smaller, something meant to be run on a gasoline engine and not a diesel.

yotatoysupra89

Apr 29, 2007
Zebulon, NC
I didnt buy it my friend took it off his judge rebuilt it and gave it to me bc he bought himself a GT45 so im not complaining i was just seein what its ratings where and if i could use it on my car

i mean i posted asking a question that no website gaveme info on this turbo i think its a hybrid. did i i post a thread called "Burn my ass"?

i thought you guys are different than supraforums a simple "No that turbo needs way higher rpm range than the supra with your expected bore can produce and youll never see a good boost peak" would have done and its not busted man its been rebuilt that means new seals new bearings re-balanced shaft shaft play is below minimum and doesnt leak air or oil i saw it on the car working at Rockingham Dragway.

I had my doubts about it bc of the size but wanted to make sure.

please no more flamin on here i did my research. i was just seein what more experiacned ppl on this site had to say.

does anyone have a friend with a 5 litre motor and a smaller turbo i could run that thed trade? i know for a fact it does 2.3 bar on a 5.4 liter bc thats what the drag judge had in it.

yotatoysupra89

Apr 29, 2007
Zebulon, NC
Here aresome pics of it.

p619344_1.jpg

p619344_2.jpg

p619344_3.jpg

p619344_4.jpg

p619344_5.jpg

pics beside the stock CT26

p619344_6.jpg

p619344_7.jpg

yotatoysupra89

Apr 29, 2007
Zebulon, NC
And yes that is a supra seat on rollers in the living room. I have TRD's in mine, so i made use of the old ones by making a computer chair and a game chair. game chair with electric lumbar and tilt....haha

yotatoysupra89

Apr 29, 2007
Zebulon, NC
How much could i get for it do you think it was just rebuilt like a year ago and it still spins free as hell. no shaft play, just needs to be cleaned up a bit.