Need to buy a clutch TODAY!

Boostage

Oct 4, 2006
Florida
soapra;1355196 said:
I have a OS Giken twin plate for sale. Let me know if you are interested. Single plate clutches with heavy clamp loads will crank walk jz engines.

If it cost more than the clucths in the first post. I cant afford it now.

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
Boostage;1355210 said:
If it cost more than the clucths in the first post. I cant afford it now.

Can you afford another engine? It will cost more but it also comes with flywheel. I'm letting it go for 1200, and I drove it from LA to Vegas and a month after that. clutch is still brand new, it retails for 2100 with out the pull to push kit.

pnutcar

1jz Asshole :)
Jan 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
I had great results with my rps max sprung 6 puck.

Now I run the horsepower freaks bronze clutch with an act hd p/p.

I would strongly rec checking both of these out. I'm currently running 25psi on my 67 and still climbing.

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
soapra;1355275 said:
Can you afford another engine? It will cost more but it also comes with flywheel. I'm letting it go for 1200, and I drove it from LA to Vegas and a month after that. clutch is still brand new, it retails for 2100 with out the pull to push kit.

Can you PM some more info on it? What model, how much power will it hold....

Boostage

Oct 4, 2006
Florida
Poodles;1355384 said:
I agree with soapra, crankwalk is extremely expensive to fix and a good way to get it is to use a stiff pressureplate...

Not an issue if you do the clutch switch mod, and also Aaron and driftmotion advertised the act PP at 3000 lbs and said it wont cause crankwalk.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Clutch switch mod means cruise control won't work IIRC, and also removes that safety feature.

I have his Action Stage 3, I can't comment on his new Stage 4 but if I ever kill this clutch I'm going multiplate and not screwing around.

Sorry, but crank walk destroys EVERYTHING...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Jose, why are you getting rid of this clutch? I may be interested in it, but I'd like to see pictures of everything that comes with it. Thanks.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
Jose would you care to share more info/support on this crankwalk issue? I have an OS Giken Super Single. Your post is the first I've ever heard of heavy clamp loads on the 1j causing crank walk.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I've read about it affecting the 2jz, so they get rid of the safety neutral switch or whatever it is that makes you press the clutch in to crank it.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
suprahero;1355567 said:
I've read about it affecting the 2jz, so they get rid of the safety neutral switch or whatever it is that makes you press the clutch in to crank it.

Yea, but it's usually cars with monster pressure plates. I use my remote start all the time so I don't have to press the clutch.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I have a 2jz block, a 3200 lb pp, and I also have a push button start. I never press the clutch in when cranking it. I'm currently using the ACT extreme pp and clutch disc. It holds very good and I race it a good bit also. It probably lasted almost a year before I had to replace the disc. That's with about 60-70 passes down the drag strip and numerous burnouts.

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
I have my Southbend in now and only have about 200 miles on it, but its a dream to drive. I cant testify to power holding ability, but they claim up to 595 ft/lbs I believe. While I can say the clutch seems to have a very soft feel to it (almost stock like) Ive disabled the clutch start switch by way of the starting relay.