*Need to Borrow/Rent* 7M Torque plate

blackgamer16

Supra Driver
Apr 27, 2005
Sooner Country
Van;1621015 said:
The 7M torque plate is again, available to rent. Van

You should really implement some kind of deposit. Things happen and some members can just be shaddy when it boils down to it. I would get your values worth of the item just in case you do end up getting screwed. Of course, it's your item and your money but i would hate for that to happen to you.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
blackgamer16;1621908 said:
You should really implement some kind of deposit. Things happen and some members can just be shaddy when it boils down to it. I would get your values worth of the item just in case you do end up getting screwed. Of course, it's your item and your money but i would hate for that to happen to you.

Personally I'd be asking the full value of the Tq plate + shipping as a deposit, I'm not much for lending tools though.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
blackgamer16;1621908 said:
I'm thinking of a policy change to require a deposit into PayPal... I remember that there is a Ron R 7M torque plate out there, somewhere. I recall that what is required is paying the cost of shipping. That plate is still out there, not readily available though, that is why I bought one. What I'm getting at is his plate is available to the next person asking for it, from the person who used it last. That policy seems to be working. No? Van

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
In my mind the deposit is more a means to motivate people to return it. Even well meaning people with no intention of anything "shady" will be motivated to return it quickly if they have a deposit to get back. It might also motivate those well meaning guys who will store the plate in their garage for 6 months because they haven't quite got around to getting the block sent out to the machine shop but are planning "for sure" to send it out next week! :icon_bigg

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
3p141592654;1622183 said:
In my mind the deposit is more a means to motivate people to return it. Even well meaning people with no intention of anything "shady" will be motivated to return it quickly if they have a deposit to get back. It might also motivate those well meaning guys who will store the plate in their garage for 6 months because they haven't quite got around to getting the block sent out to the machine shop but are planning "for sure" to send it out next week! :icon_bigg
A little motivation, can go a long way...

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
It's time to revive this thread... Yes, the torque plate is available for rent.
Rental policy for the 7M Tq Plate: Deposit $355, in addition to your choice of shipping and insurance on the torque plate, shipped through the US Postal Service (Tq plate is valued at $355).
When the Tq plate is returned to me, in an undamaged condition, you get the $355 deposit back. What it costs me to repair the plate, will come out of the deposit.
Shipping and insurance is not refundable.
Deposits are held at PayPal, in the following account: kdvanloo@live.com
Please ask the machine shop to use washers when torqueing down the plate. If the stud/bolt holes are deformed have them dress them up before sending out the plate to me or U will get charged out of the deposit.
Thanks
Van

Last edited:

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Update: Current wait time on the plate is at least four weeks as of 2/6/12; then there are the following in line for the plate:
1. Derek (Houston), " JDMMA70"

Last edited:

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Torque plate is available to rent.
Rental policy for the 7M Tq Plate: Deposit $355, in addition to shipping and insurance (Tq plate is valued at $355).
When the Tq plate is returned to me, in an undamaged condition, you get the $355 deposit back. What it costs me to repair the plate, will come out of the deposit.
Shipping and insurance is not refundable.
Deposits are held at PayPal, in the following account: kdvanloo@live.com

Van

Last edited:

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
SIP Torque plate is $415 last time i checked. Might be inquiring soon about borrowing this one from you Van.

Need to do my spare block soon.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
PMed you, but posting here anyways in case you check this first. Thanks :D

edit: I'm reading that you need to use the torque plate with the same type of fasteners and headgasket you'll be using for your build (in my case, ARP studs and MHG). Is this true? I don't want to use a brand new MHG and chance it getting ruined at the shop or having the adhesive coming off.

Last edited: