Need some help with wiring :)

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Okay so I'll start with the basics, my car is an 89 NA M/T car.
Here are the specs on my harness and ECU for my GTE swap;
-M/T ecu
-M/T harness (it has both knock sensors :) )

Problem I had was that a couple of my ECU plugs were damaged and not able to slide into the ECU, so I got a set from Bri7man (thanks bro!) and there are a couple of extra wires. I will break it down by the Pin sections and use the Symbol codes from the TSRM ( sect FI-50) for reference;

16 Pin-
*My harness wire for the VC is blue w/ red stripe
*the new plug wire is blue w/ black stripe

22 Pin-
*My harness, TIL is missing but not on the new plug (what is this used for?)
*My Harness, no L3 (tems car I presume, mine is not so we are good, right?) but the new plug has one ( I plan to leave taped off)
*My harness, no ECT (only for automatics) new plug has it (I plan to leave taped off)
*Both plugs have DFG (Only for Manuals but why would an automatic harness have this?)

26 pin-
*New plug is missing EGR wire & THG wire (does this mean it is a JDM harness so no emission's?)
*My harness has both of these and they are connected, even the THG (which says its for Cali cars only)

So basically I am hoping I have this right, the 26 pin plug I think I will not use as it is missing EGR stuff which I will keep (I will just extend wires for my Map ECU) but it leads me to believe its a JDM based harness?

I think I typed it pretty clear but just in case, the extra wires as I mentioned, will I just need to tape them off as they will not be used? Also why is the color of the VC wire different from the two, is it a JDM thing?

Thanks guys!