Need some help with itunes

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Hey all, Im looking for some help. I got a new laptop and I want to transfer my itunes from my parents computer to my new computer. Ive tried idump but everyone I get says that its an outdated version. Im just not having any luck. Any help or advice would be greatly apriciated

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Jayhall;1481493 said:
Hey all, Im looking for some help. I got a new laptop and I want to transfer my itunes from my parents computer to my new computer. Ive tried idump but everyone I get says that its an outdated version. Im just not having any luck. Any help or advice would be greatly apriciated

Just Copy the folder with all your music onto the new PC, and then show Itunes where the library is on the new PC. I have all mine on an external drive, I would advise getting one, it will save you a lot of headaches.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Jayhall;1481512 said:
I just figured out how to use the home share thing, and its working like a charm

I use that a lot. I keep most music on my main desktop and just allow the laptops to share into itunes. No sense having multiply copies of the same songs all over the place.

I would like to setup a network shared HD though eventually and eliminate the need for the desktop to share.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
iwannadie;1481788 said:
I use that a lot. I keep most music on my main desktop and just allow the laptops to share into itunes. No sense having multiply copies of the same songs all over the place.

I would like to setup a network shared HD though eventually and eliminate the need for the desktop to share.

My Server is basically that, just a big ass NAS with 4 terabites.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
SupraMario;1481858 said:
My Server is basically that, just a big ass NAS with 4 terabites.

FTFMW! Only 2 TB here.... I need to get a NAS with at least RAID 5 capabilities though; eggs, one basket and all that.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
suprarx7nut;1481872 said:
Network hard drives are sick. I may have to get one before I quit Best Buy.

A buddy of mine who does IT for denon keeps telling me his guys swear NAT drives just aren't there yet. Of course this was a year ago I lasted asked about them.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
iwannadie;1481884 said:
A buddy of mine who does IT for denon keeps telling me his guys swear NAT drives just aren't there yet. Of course this was a year ago I lasted asked about them.

You mean NAS drives? and Yea they really aren't they are good for small home networks, other than that...well just build a server. Gig lan doesn't hurt either.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
SupraMario;1481897 said:
You mean NAS drives? and Yea they really aren't they are good for small home networks, other than that...well just build a server. Gig lan doesn't hurt either.

Er, yea NAS see it's been a while ha.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
iwannadie;1481788 said:

hey is that picture on your signature from modern warfare 2...?