Need some help with auto to manual trans swap

87supraman

Jan 26, 2006
Tucson Arizona
I have an N/A automatic and i want to swap a R154 into the car, are the driveshafts the same length?? and does anybody have a clutch fork laying around for one of those tranys

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
no the driveshafts are not the same, and no I don't have an extra clutch fork laying around. good luck.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Think I have an extra set of pedals somewhere around here.......not sure anymore. I have lots of extra crap....but no clutch fork. Yea they are different size drive shafts.

oowee623

SCS
Aug 13, 2007
Long Beach, CA
driveshafts are different lengths and different number of splines too i think, if you cant find a clutch fork the dealer is the only place and it costs like 70 bucks, good luck, also do you know how to wire the reverse lights? youre gonna need to do some splicing

87supraman

Jan 26, 2006
Tucson Arizona
I've done the same swap on an 81 celica and on an 01 tacoma, i just wanted to know about the drive shafts, because the tranny was free and i did'nt get all the parts, and was hopeing my solid drive shaft that i have now would fit.

I appreciate all the help guys, I work for Toyota so if anybody needs parts let me know hint hint