Need some help installing intake manifold

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
so i got a bhg and i have been slowly putting everything back together. finally im close to the end of the project but im having some trouble reinstalling the intake manifold . the problem im having is figuring out how the wireharness was routed through it and where some connectors go. any tips would be greatly apperciated .. also here are some of the connectors that i cant seem to find their other half for.
thanks
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/2299/img00019201007211700.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3382/img00020201007211701.jpg
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/8271/img00021201007211701.jpg

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
Is your car an auto or 5 speed? Reason I ask is that the plug in the first pic looks like one of the plugs that attaches to the neutral start switch. There's also a plug on the driver's inner fender close to the fuse box that it could go to. Can't recall if that plug is the ignitor or something else. No idea on the other two, sorry.

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
thanks for tht ill check it out it used to be a auto non turbo and the previous owner made it turbo and 5 spd i think its still an auto harness though

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
RiyadYar;1600913 said:
thanks for tht ill check it out it used to be a auto non turbo and the previous owner made it turbo and 5 spd i think its still an auto harness though

You're welcome and good luck with that. If I have the time tommorrow between work and life, I'll pop my hood and see what I can find. I just had my manifold off over the last weekend for a starter replacement (which SUCKED btw) buit I didn't have to pull a lot of wires and plugs, so I don't recall those two right off the top of my head. I would recommend that you replace all the injector o-rings and double check the related fasteners on the fuel rail (IF they have been loosened or removed only) while the mani is off. The o-rings are cheap insurance against a big PITA later. You'll kick yourself if you have to fix a fuel leak with the mani in the way. Ask me how I know...

absolutjimmy_85

Jun 27, 2010
Uppsala
The first is for automatic transmission(in my automatic i got 3 connectors to the gearbox.
nr 2 could be the "idle engine" if that is the correct name for it.
nr 3 could be for the coilpack it's the only thing that wants 4 cables in that area, that i can think of

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
ill check but im pretty sure the isc(idle speed controller) connector is further up the harness as well as the coil pack . im thinking their for an auto n/a motor

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
Process of elimination... plug in the Coil wires, Injectors, Knock sensors, etc. then see what's left. If it's not for the ISC, TPS or the alternator Then it's prolly for the old auto, as long as the wires on the fenders are all connected.

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
thanks i got everything plugged in and they still are hanging i guess their for the auto