Need Some Help In CT

Supra90gr

Feb 12, 2009
Connecticut
I just got my car fixed (BHG). I bought the car from a kid on here. The owner before him got into an accident with it (CTsupra). The car now has a salvage title. The owner before me fixed the damage and everything looks good. I went to DMV to get it registered and they won't let me unless I pass inspection. The car has a 3" BIC Downpipe with a dumptube to a test pipe to a 4" catback (i have a cat that im putting on as well). THe car is VERY loud. Since I have to pass it through inspection I have to tow the car to DMV and get it checked out. I'm debating whether I should take my chances and bring it there with the current setup or if I should replace the exhaust with the stock setup. I've been waiting for a month to get this car on the road and I don't feel like towing it there and DMV failing me for inspection then I'll have to tow it back again.... What do you guys think I should do? My buddy has a stock exhaust system from his 87, but I will need the turbo elbow to put on the stock DP. Does anyone have a spare one I can borrow?:1zhelp:

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
You will need to show up with a 100% stock exhaust. Modifying any part of the exhhaust system is illegal in ct. So they will not pass it. Make sure you have no leaks of any kind, your brakes and tires are good, no cracks in any light, all bulbs working, no crakcs in windows etc. Cars gotta be perfect

Supra90gr

Feb 12, 2009
Connecticut
tbcmorris;1343596 said:
I'm about 20mins away from danbury

The car is perfect minus a blown strut in the rear. No cracks in the lights, glass etc.... I'm replacing all 4 brake lines tomorrow. I live in manchester/glastonbury area. Does anyone have a turbo elbow?

Supra90gr

Feb 12, 2009
Connecticut
Supra90gr;1343730 said:
The car is perfect minus a blown strut in the rear. No cracks in the lights, glass etc.... I'm replacing all 4 brake lines tomorrow. I live in manchester/glastonbury area. Does anyone have a turbo elbow?

I will buy it if your are selling or I will give you money for letting me use it. All I need it is to pass inspection so I can mount the stock exhaust from the turbo back...

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
MA is even better, no pre obdII emissions :)
got my sticker w/ my DDP and tanabe 3" catback lol. test pipe was in too. :evil2:

Supra90gr

Feb 12, 2009
Connecticut
tbcmorris;1346260 said:
Word on the street is that's the way ct is goin.

CT sucks. I have to get rear seats in the car now cause for some reason they are required to pass inspection. This is BS. I'm never going to get this car on the road....:nono:

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
Dang well im in l.a bitc!!.. lol jk yeah i live in L.A and my dads buys salvaged cars and transports them to central america.. has a dealership. ima ask him if theres any way around it.. and the elbow i have also.

Supra90gr

Feb 12, 2009
Connecticut
SupraMann;1346335 said:
Dang well im in l.a bitc!!.. lol jk yeah i live in L.A and my dads buys salvaged cars and transports them to central america.. has a dealership. ima ask him if theres any way around it.. and the elbow i have also.

I have the elbow now and stock dp now. Thankfully my 2 best friends own supras so they will let me borrow the seats. No I just need a custom catback exhaust. Thanks for the help you guys are offering.