Need some help 1jz engine swap on 89 mk3.

MidShipCivic

Honda/Nissan/Mitsubishi
Sep 19, 2005
Orlando Florida
My friend had a few problems with a speed shop so he took the car from there and brought it to me.
I don't know much about 1j swaps into Supra's so bare with me I've taken several pics of the connectors while going over some diagrams, but still I'm a little confused because some colors don't match up and there are such a surplus of connectors it seems that the engine harness and ECU connectors are completed but it's the other items I'm lost on.

Battery, Starter (wire missing) & fuse box I'm not sure what is what.
I know the 4 white are from the fuse box and go to the battery but there are also 2 large black wires on a lug terminal as well.

What are they for?
p1538910_1.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Over on the left side there is a bundle here what are all these ?

p1538910_2.jpg

Over behind the glove box the connectors for the 1j ECU is pretty much complete.
p1538910_3.jpg

But to the left side of these ecu connectors there are a bunch of male connectors, what would these go to?
p1538910_4.jpg

MidShipCivic

Honda/Nissan/Mitsubishi
Sep 19, 2005
Orlando Florida
Haha, I took more detailed pics of the wires that I thought were important.

I remember the 7mgte had the alternator up top and high, but the 1jz is down low.

From the looks of it it isn't even done , so people who have done it before a 1jz swap is what as far as wiring goes are you just repinning ecu connectors?

1. Does the 7m charging harness remain functional?
These are 7m charging harnesscolors white, yellow green, black yellow and black.
p1539296_1.jpg

Now over to the 1jz alternator, there are two plugs which would make it appear that the surplus of wires for the original 7m aren't all needed just the big black wire going to the fuse box?
p1539296_2.jpg

So far in the engine bay I see these white wires bundles to one lug terminal are they grounds?

This one is near the fuse box.
p1539296_3.jpg

This one is on the passenger side.
p1539296_4.jpg

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
MidShipCivic;1539296 said:
Haha, I took more detailed pics of the wires that I thought were important.

I remember the 7mgte had the alternator up top and high, but the 1jz is down low.

From the looks of it it isn't even done , so people who have done it before a 1jz swap is what as far as wiring goes are you just repinning ecu connectors?

1. Does the 7m charging harness remain functional?
These are 7m charging harnesscolors white, yellow green, black yellow and black.
p1539365_1.jpg

Now over to the 1jz alternator, there are two plugs which would make it appear that the surplus of wires for the original 7m aren't all needed just the big black wire going to the fuse box?
p1539365_2.jpg

So far in the engine bay I see these white wires bundles to one lug terminal are they grounds?

This one is near the fuse box.
p1539365_3.jpg

This one is on the passenger side.
p1539365_4.jpg

The 7M harness charging system stays in tact. You will have to buy 5 foot or so off 2 gauge wires and run it from the alternator back to where the stock one you're holding is. Also the plug in the back of the alternator has 3 wires. Those come out at the HUGE square plug next to the fuse box on the jza70 harness find the wires, and then connect them to the 7M's alternator ( 3 wire plug ) your first pic that big wire is what you are going to want to connect a 2 gauge wire from the alternator on the 1jz run it under the core support. Also in the first pic those 3 wires are your alternator wires. If you want I can talk to you on the phone and explain everything.

Just PM me if you want to do that.