Need pics of the stock exhaust

earlingy

Sep 2, 2008
Huntsville
I'd like some pictures of a stock exhaust (particularly near the cat) that show the flanges and their positions.

My exhaust is...unique. It doesn't have a cat anywhere, and where I think it would be there is a pipe poorly welded in. The piping ended near the gas tank (rest either rotted off or last owner took it off), and just to get some kind of sound deadening on there, I had my friend's old flowmaster from his mk2 welded on with some piping to the back. It actually sounds pretty good, but I would eventually like to replace it. I may end up just having to buy a header, cat, and catback exhaust and put them all in at once- I can't tell where original flanges are gone from welding or what...but I might be able to save the original manifold.
Thanks
Alex

billwert

Sep 25, 2007
Naylor
Had the same deal on mine. The only cat was the precat and it looked gutted or the insides had burned out. I'd get pics but its in an old barn about 20miles away from me now and I'm at work.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Warning: big damn picture

supra_bottom_h.jpg

earlingy

Sep 2, 2008
Huntsville
Thanks. I think I might be able to just replace everything catalytic converter and on. Is there any specific brand or type of catalytic converter that is more resistant to running rich on fuel? I know that is bad for cats... I'm not even sure it's really running that rich but it gurgles occasionally and has backfired once or twice on more aggressive shifts. All of the maintenance I'm doing may help too. Price isn't really an issue, just longevity.