need new cams!

88supraproject

Nov 11, 2009
sudbury
hey,

I'm rebuilding my 7m and just put new pistons,rings,bearings,hks mhg, arp everything and now im working on the head and decided i might as well put a set of cams in it.

does anyone have any experience with the brian crower 264 cams? would i need to upgrade my valves and/or springs if i decide to buy the 264's? will there be enough of a gain to spend the 800$ plus shipping to canada for them?

thanks alot

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
Depending on the power levels/driveability your looking for that money could go into something else. Plenty of ppl made over 500 on stock cams.

I have a used set of TED cams I'm debating putting in or selling. I believe the only thing that has to be changed with the BC cams is the shims but the chevy small block springs that fit our motors are pretty cheap for the upgrade.

If you decide to get the cams I'd get the springs and shims cause their relatively cheap and add the potential for higher revs.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Im installing them as we speak. I should get my car back this coming week. Ill let you know if there is any difference. Im thinking there wont be, but possibly they may. And basically i did everything you mentioned in what you did to your car.

88supraproject

Nov 11, 2009
sudbury
thanks for the input guys! im still debating on what to do. either way i need new cams mine are done. anyone else have any input?

thanks again

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
someone was selling some SIP cams in the for sale section, cheap.
As for valvetrain, I would at least upgrade to Comp Cams Springs, even if you stay with stock cams

88supraproject

Nov 11, 2009
sudbury
everything ive read has said to just stick with stock cams so thats what ill do i guess.

supraguy- would it benefit me to upgrade to brian crower springs with the stock cams? would it be worth the time?

thanks