Need naked frontal pictures please

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Of a 1JZ or a 2JZ engine showing the oil pump.
I think me being a tard sometime during my install, I forgot to put a copper washer on the pressure relief valve that is on top of the pump.
A few days ago I was boosting around and when I came home saw a good bit of oil under the car so I thought it was the front main seal giving away eventhough its new.

I opened the front today and around the front seal area its all dry. Then I noticed oil all around the big bolt for the pressure relief valve.I don't thisnk this bolt would have that much oil if any if the front main seal was leaking. I do not see any washer on it currently and the tsrm only shows the GE pump with washer.

Any pictures to confirm would be appreciated. This will help me avoid pulling the timing belt of .

This is what I have :
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Thanks guys/gals.

Thsi si what TSRM shows, but I think there is a typo..it should read 2jzgte for the washer.
http://www.turbosupras.com/pdfs/JZA80 TSRM/LU.pdf

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Well. Looks like that timing belt is coming out bud. :(

At least it's not too hard. :)

2dueek9.jpg

Edit: You could also take this time to add a brace for the front main seal using a small screw/brace if you're planing big boost. (Blow By Pushes those suckers out like nothing on the JZ) A lot of MK4 owners have this happen and they eighter JB weld it in or do this. It sucks when you need 12 quarts of oil just to get down the road. ;)

Second Edit: Note it says O-Ring for GTE and Washer for GE.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
yeah I found a copper wahser on the GE pump as well, not a o-ring as it says. The TSRM I was looking at ( link provided) does not show a GTE, but I'll throw in a washer anyways for sure as its supposed to have one.
I looked at the SF threads on the oil seals and saw some JB weld / screw in methods, neither of which I am fond of trying. I think I will just smear some good Toyota Grey gasket maker as it seems to hold pretty solid.

No..the timing belt is not coming off....as it sits right now..maybe just the water pump.
Thanks for the post Zum.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Zumtizzle;1055680 said:
You could also take this time to add a brace for the front main seal using a small screw/brace if you're planing big boost. (Blow By Pushes those suckers out like nothing on the JZ) A lot of MK4 owners have this happen and they eighter JB weld it in or do this. It sucks when you need 12 quarts of oil just to get down the road. ;)

Blow-by? I was under the impression that there's an oil pump behind the FMS, not a crank case. I was sure it was oil pressure that pushed them out, specifically people shimming their pressure relief valve, or not properly seating their front main seals, and blocking the relief hole behind it.