need injector recommendations

carbonrx

Feb 18, 2012
sussex wi
restoring an 89 targa for someone else on their dollar and the fuel system needs to be completely replaced. i have the go ahead to pick out upgrades for the parts that need to be replaced.
i can't afford/justify spending 100+ dollars on fuel injectors on a car that will be only lightly modified and never fully utilize anything of that nature in the first place.
im not an expert on fuel injectors by anymeans but this is what i know/my thought process.
i've read the stock inj. are high ohm ~306-316cc rated, and the car runs rich as is(most cars do though so idk).
so i'm thinking maybe about a 50-100cc increase would be about what i'm looking for.
my budget is around $200 that i can justify to this person. i've shopped a bit but haven't found much, maybe there are some other cars out there that i can get fuel injectors from instead of new aftermarket stuff? idk im new to supras any input?

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Unless your going to offer a way to tune it, leave it stock and just get it running for the guy. No reason to create issues.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
carbonrx;1806849 said:
i can't afford/justify spending 100+ dollars on fuel injectors?

I stopped reading after that line. Leave injectors stock. They are able to flow 440CC if it's a turbo or 370CC if it's a non turbo. If you can justify 100+ dollars on injectors, you won't be able to justify a tuning device.

What needs to be replaced? Unless a part is bad, just change the fuel filter and injector O-rings and if needed, the copper washers on the banjo bolts. That's pretty much it unless you have a bad part that needs changing as well.

Last edited:

kwatso23

Jul 11, 2010
Mid north coast
As it is stock injectors overfuel an n/a motor. Even a tuned n/a motor really wont need anything bigger than stock. Not unless you're doing some serious work to it

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Setsuko37;1826404 said:
I have a 7mge with yellow 370's factory but i also have 7mgte injectors can i use those on my 7mge and how much hp gain would i gain ?

1043....If you have a way of tuning really really good.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Setsuko37;1826468 said:
Ok lol good one. Honestly can i use them and can they give me hp and if so how much hp do i gain?

Part of that wasn't a joke, you have to be able to tune, stock are more than enough for most NA's unless you have a lot of mods.

Setsuko37

Aug 13, 2011
Canal Winchester ohio
I have a routed cai that comes down to the right fog light which has been replaced with tubing routed to the filter. The afm mod and a side exit no muffler. So will the injectors help or hurt it. And how much from just putting them in how much hp gain and btw the cai pipe is a 3 inch pipe it actually brings in alot of air

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Setsuko37;1826660 said:
I have a routed cai that comes down to the right fog light which has been replaced with tubing routed to the filter. The afm mod and a side exit no muffler. So will the injectors help or hurt it. And how much from just putting them in how much hp gain and btw the cai pipe is a 3 inch pipe it actually brings in alot of air

Minus 30 hp, no joke.